Icon stagger

If the 6.5 rim hit the spindle, you might want to try a spacer behind it on the spindle. Those are some large tires you have now. I try to stay around 34 inches on right sides, 34.5 the largest when I need 1.5 stagger on the rear. My typical tire set up is:
Right sides on 10 inch wheels=34
Left rear on 8.25=33
Left front on 6.5=32.5

Wow..those are huge tires...
your right, and that means you'll need to add two more teeth on the axle to maintain the same overall gear ratio. There are probably times when people will ask others about gear ratios and not factor in the tire circumference difference between their rear tire circumference and that of the person they're asking. As usual, I have a spreadsheet for that. lol

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.(Al Nunley)

Yea I dont know why they are so big. But I should be ok with gear anyways. If I have to shrink em later I can I guess. Just trying to get em where I need em now and see if they hold. If not I will go down.

You need 10" on both right sides first. 8.5" left rear and a 6" LF. Try not to grow your rights. I pull out the valve cores and put my tires and wheels in the oven at 200 deg. Then take them out after 7 minutes and put them in the freezer then take them out of the freezer when they are cold.

For a small track it is best to get some grip in your setup and tires and run higher air like 4 and 5

You must be on some REALLY crappy tracks if you think that is high air. LOL :)

Its a backyard track but well maintained. Nothing special. Its all for fun but Im very competitive...lol.

Why on Earth do you want you tires that big? For rear gear clearance? What front driver are you using? Being a backyard track, I assume it to be small if you pulling a 76 rear gear.

Why on Earth do you want you tires that big? For rear gear clearance? What front driver are you using? Being a backyard track, I assume it to be small if you pulling a 76 rear gear.
Ya its small. 1/12 mile. I dont want em that big. They turned out that big. Im trying to get em smaller and stay but its a challenge. 11T driver last year. 12T this year. Will prolly be running a 7:1 final ratio.

OK just for you I shrank em to 34"...lol. Still working on the RR to get to 32.5" though. Its gonna be a tough one. Got .5" to go though. Of course this is with only 7psi where as last figures were at 10psi. I hope I can run them at this pressure. Kart and driver are around 390lbs. Maybe more as I have not weighed this kart. Now next question is how the hell do I get them to stay this size? They already were different from Saturday when I did it. I did freezer then too. Is it because its still cold at night out?

Shrink the lr tire to where you want it then pull the valve core out and push all the air out until the tire raisins (squeezes in towards the rim) then leave the air out until you use the tire then once your done racing remove all the air every time. This is what I do every week for my wedge kart it works flawlessly for me and my other two teammates.

We do the same with the ss33's but they are a little more difficult we ended up running them at 32-5/8 and the rr at 34-1/8 they like to stay there better just have to leave about 5lbs in the rr

I found that with all the Burris tires I have, if I let all the air out of the lefts and keep the rights aired to around 15 pounds over, they keep their size with reasonable ease.

Shrink the lr tire to where you want it then pull the valve core out and push all the air out until the tire raisins (squeezes in towards the rim) then leave the air out until you use the tire then once your done racing remove all the air every time. This is what I do every week for my wedge kart it works flawlessly for me and my other two teammates.

Not trying to sound like a smart butt, but the way you stated this makes it sound as though you shrunk the tire with the vakve core still in the valve stem.

You're correct I didn't put it out there correctly it is supposed to say heat the tire with the valve core out then hold your thumb over the valve core hole and dunk the tire in cold water until it draws up, then remove from water and insert the valve core. Let it stand for 15-20mins or until tire gets back to normal temperature then check the size and repeat until the size your looking for is accomplished. After a you successfully done it to a few sets of tires you will pretty know how much heat each size and brand tires need.

You're correct I didn't put it out there correctly it is supposed to say heat the tire with the valve core out then hold your thumb over the valve core hole and dunk the tire in cold water until it draws up, then remove from water and insert the valve core. Let it stand for 15-20mins or until tire gets back to normal temperature then check the size and repeat until the size your looking for is accomplished. After a you successfully done it to a few sets of tires you will pretty know how much heat each size and brand tires need.

:) :)

Back