I'm new to this sport TAG Rotax on Birel Kart

Psaruk

I have a Birel Kart, ran it twice; once at BTK Motorsports track in Decatur, Alabama; and once at The Rebel Raceway in Satillo, Mississippi. I had a Knee Replacement and since then those tracks have shut down. I want to get back into Kart Racing and need all the help I can get. Anything, advice, etc, getting started etc. will be enormously appreciated.
Sincerely,
Phil Saruk
Killen, Alabama
256-757-3110 res.
256-627-4100

I'm going to copy this thread to the Beginners Forum, maybe that will help you get some response.

I have a Birel Kart, ran it twice; once at BTK Motorsports track in Decatur, Alabama; and once at The Rebel Raceway in Satillo, Mississippi. I had a Knee Replacement and since then those tracks have shut down. I want to get back into Kart Racing and need all the help I can get. Anything, advice, etc, getting started etc. will be enormously appreciated.
Sincerely,
Phil Saruk
Killen, Alabama
256-757-3110 res.
256-627-4100
Phil has hit on the reason that no one in our area will invest in kart equipment. Our state borders Phil's state. Our state has only one active asphalt sprint track running at this time. That is the original track that Lake Speed laid out around 1972. The asphalt on that track needs to be replaced. You do not want to race there with a new helmet. Rock pecks from the kart in front of you will destroy a new helmet. Parts of your kart and the front of your nice lo206 engine will be shot peened by loose aggregate down to bare metal in just a few races. The local club there is doing their best just to keep the track going. There is no TAG there just lo206.

Meanwhile, there are many asphalt tracks just sitting unused:
(1) A fairly new asphalt oval in Byhalia, MS.
(2) Rebel Raceway in Saltillo, MS. which is a sprint track that held many WKA Manufacturer Cup races in years past and has quite a history.
(3) Another asphalt sprint track in Saucier, MS.
(4) Another sprint track which has a seashell aggregate type surface in the Gulport/Biloxi area.
These tracks are just sitting idle in our state. What a waste.
Asphalt, short track, sprint track, local club racing is the grassroots of karting. I hope it does not fade into history.

Back