Indoor Racing

Millenium32

Going to an indoor track at the end of the month. The guy only has 2 or 3 days to build the track, so I'm assuming that the track will be wet. What's good for wet, slick indoor racing???

Burris or Yellow Vega would be my choice or a Maxxis heavy on internal worked hard from outside with goat or green.

Ed Hasty has been building tracks for over 20 years.
The track maybe a little damp to start but as many karts will be there it will soon dry out
Its also a Burris 33 rule only

33s for sure. Crown cut and hit them with a harsh PRW (Krug, goat, etc.) I prefer to use our "Monster Bite" (because it's not as rough on the tires) when we need a ton of bite to get the tire to hit/fire off. Yes, you'll want to wipe them before going to the grid each time.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com

Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry

765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You raced there last year, track started out wet and slick when he built it but got hard pretty fast. I believe we will see the same this year, its always alot of karts so it gets packed in pretty quick, especially with all the hot lap and practice sessions Ed allows before qualifying starts. Better be bringing some hard tires with you also. He only has one day to work the track, but that won't stop Ed or change anything.

Back