indoor tire prep

46/46.5 nose 53 cross with rf spindle in the middle, 63 left.... +1 -2.5 camber give that a try. Only Hoosier I run is an a35 left front, I run dunlops or firestone right sides as long as they duro 55ish or so that's a good ballpark

I race with Motleycrewjt, there are 4 of us that run together, and we each have a different combo. We all run 360 class. which is just a weight break, they group clones, flatheads, and animals all together. The last 2 times out we have all had a different tire program trying to find out what works. I was on a Hoosier d30, motleycrewjt on a D20 or Burris ss11. The events are only 2 day gigs. Practice is Friday night on a green track, no rubber on it at all. By the middle of the day Saturday the track is decent. we are always fast in the heats, the rubber starts coming up during the last heat races and continues to come up through out the rest of the night. Our feature is always towards the end of the night and there is no rubber on the bottom grove by then. FWIW the series also runs Mini sprints, Lawn mowers, Quarter midgets, and mini cups. They have a "No wet tires on the grid" rule also. Once the rubber goes away we fade quickly, there are always a couple karts that stay fast regardless of the track. Just thought I'd throw so info out there to help you guys give us a better direction.

the d20 are like burris 22s, the d20 and ss11 are way to soft.Run the burris 33s.If it builds rubber like ft.wayne you could run 55s,but it has not come close to those conditions.

you are going to need to be scrapping those tires with a heat gun or buffing with a flapp wheel also. to get the crud/build up off.

Side walls aren't strong enough and tires are too soft, like weaver said start at least on a 33, and clean every time they come off the track. Cleaner the better, jp curry explains it well with syrup racing.... Imagine putting glue on 2 boards and sticking them together, then taking 2 more boards and only put glue on one then stick them together... Which one will pull apart easier? The set with 1 coat of glue symbolizes clean tires on the sticky track.

Back