Inside tire wear

bullerman

Both right side tires had a slight bit of raveling on the inside edge of the tire. What does that mean. Maxiss Whites. Had 6 outside and 5 inside.

the inside will do that if you have bite because its rolling the tire over towards the inside and the track did have good bite last week, but in all the years of racing i did learn something that i was thinking about the wrong way, i always thought if the tires were feathering that they were too soft but after listening to Monty last week, he looked at my tires and said they not soft enough, he said they sliding thats why they feathering, i brought them down to 48 and they worked much better, we were on pink and blues.

Sounds like the track was good. If the tires have bite, then they are not sliding...It sounds like just the opposite, you may have been locked down. Engine temps increase and tire temps increase, while rpm and lap times decrease late in the run. Tires that build excess temperature (typically on the inside shoulder) have to wear to alleviate the heat. Excessive wear (ie feathering) comes from abusing the tires and getting them too hot.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com