Iso raptpr

From the conversation I had with Gkh he is looking for a stock "in the crate" untouched Raptor motor. Sounds like the class he plans to run is making it hard on him. I've seen a few here and there but its not like you'll trip over one weekly. The last one I saw personally sold for $700 and that was nearly two years ago.

I wish you the best in your hunt!

Yes I'm new to this. It was explained to me the none raptor motors a lacking. So that is way I'm trying hard to find one.

You want a Raptor 4 with the big lifter block. Good luck finding one.

"the none raptor motors a lacking" doesn't make sense. What are you wanting to do?

I didnt think I was asking for anything special. I see stock appearing ones on eBay. But I guess asking if someone has one they would sell. Is a crime. I thought this would be like other forums. I guessed wrong. I'm out

I was not asking for new out of the box. Just looking for all stock. I was inder the impression you lose something with the other engines. So can you get a standard 5hp and basically make it a raptor with the raptor internals

The motor needs to be unmolested as it would of came new. So needs to have all stock b&s internals

There are a lot of guys on here that gave you very good advice. To find one in a box unfortunately is going to be very tough and honestly you may not like the price that is tagged on with it. If you could give us some insight on exactly what you are wanting would be very helpful. It may be a search of nos shortblock for you and then add the other components if it has to be 100% as produced from the briggs factory.

From the conversation I had with Gkh he is looking for a stock "in the crate" untouched Raptor motor. Sounds like the class he plans to run is making it hard on him. I've seen a few here and there but its not like you'll trip over one weekly. The last one I saw personally sold for $700 and that was nearly two years ago.

I wish you the best in your hunt!
Did they come packaged with parts that all had matching numbers or something?
You could sonic clean carbs, tanks, exhausts, headers, tins and so on making them look brand new with fresh paint and none could tell the difference.
I bet you as well as Brian and many others could piece together a "box stock" appearing motor and they wouldn't be able to tell? 🤷🏽‍♂️
I'd be curious how they're judging it.

Raptor 4 block was never offered as a complete engine, so "technically" that would be illegal, otherwise, that'd be my choice as well. R3 had the better piston -- that's the one to look for. R1 & 2 had the full skirt piston and heavy rings (= avoid.)

Gentlemen, this poster is likely from Washington State or possibly Michigan, where they still have (at least last year) a bone stock, on gas, flathead class.

I still have plenty of inventory to assemble complete new engines from all genuine Briggs parts, (including the red crates - no, they are not for sale separately,) but the cost to do so would be ridiculous (akin to building a Cadillac from parts.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Just seemed like a lot of push back from Gkh as if we were trying to go after him for some reason :/
Looks to me like there were multiple opportunities for him/her to get what they wanted on here no problem. Hope they find that golden ticket they're looking for. 🤷‍♂️

Back