Jammer

caseydodson

Maybe I'm the only one who has experienced this, but for those of you who may consider sending your clutch back to Bob for rebuild, don't do it. Most unprofessional business person I've ever come into contact with. He won't answer the phone when you call, he won't call you, and as far as I'm concerned he won't send your clutch back. Only way you can reach him is facebook where he gives you shady answers like "I shipped your clutch out but it was damaged in shipping and returned to me" yet he provides no tracking number or proof it was ever shipped. Going on 3 months since he received my clutch and over a month since he claims he shipped it. Making the drive to Pennsylvania when your in Florida isn't worth a $200 clutch so essentially I just have to buy a new one. If he actually sends me my clutch I'll update this thread to reflect that, but for now I'm considering it stolen.

I had a similar thing happen back in Aug/Sept 2013. Ordered a new 3 disc Cobra, CC was billed but no clutch. Was told first it was shipped USPS, then told it was FED EX. After getting the CC company involved, the clutch did arrive.

I figured I wasn't the only one, sad to hear. He told me he would do it "for free" since it took him so long to rebuild it, so I haven't paid for any services, I just have money lost in the clutch. I'm considering talking to my local sheriffs department about it but not sure it's worth the hassle at this point.

Sorry to hear you had this problem. I don't think Bob has been around much this year at the races, so can't really say for sure what his current status is.

Not trying to "chase the ambulance" so to speak, but I do have a couple of nice used clutches that are freshly rebuilt that I could make you a good price on, if you are in need of one. We rebuild all makes of clutches as well (Facebook page JPM Karting, 31 Engagements).

J.P.

Back