Jet reamers

arc100

What reamer sets do you use for the carb jets?

I was looking at the Stahlwille set. 0.33-2.0mm Is this the common set every uses?

Hey arc, I may be wrong but I don't think that set would be commonly used , you see the metric system never really caught on around here. most in the U.S. still like our thousandths. Jon

Hey arc, I may be wrong but I don't think that set would be commonly used , you see the metric system never really caught on around here. most in the U.S. still like our thousandths. Jon

Yeh I know that, just got an atomizer carb from Buller and what do ya know, its got the metric threads opened up to the next imperial size. BTW, also got 2 Buller rods and his work is fantastic.

Guess I'm pretty safe then if I get the Stahlwille set. Thanks.

Guess I'm pretty safe then if I get the Stahlwille set. Thanks.
I found them. I noticed those are tapered reamers. Does that concern you? I'm sure the taper is very gradual, almost undetectable, with pin gauges. If you're trying to make a certain size jet you'll have to be very careful how far in you go with the reamer.
With real care, you'll be able to make Jets of any size you want. I think it's a good idea because, the difference in area between a .039"and a .040" jet is over 5%. If you know how to use an air density gauge, you'll appreciate what that means.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Last edited:
I found them. I noticed those are tapered reamers. Does that concern you? I'm sure the taper is very gradual, almost undetectable, with pin gauges. If you're trying to make a certain size jet you'll have to be very careful how far in you go with the reamer.
With real care, you'll be able to make Jets of any size you want. I think it's a good idea because, the difference in area between a .039"and a .040" jet is over 5%. If you know how to use an air density gauge, you'll appreciate what that means.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

What sort or model of air density gauge do you think would do the job?

Back