Jet ???

T-roy

Where can you get genuine jets for these pred & clone carbs. The ones I ordered are not numbered. The one that came in the engine (212 predator hemi) has a 78 on it and everything I read says 28 is stock. Yes I checked with a lupe before i get asked. Maybe the 7 is a 2. Nope. 3 people looked at it. says 78.

After doing some research, I figured this out. Having a hard time accepting it though. Drilled into my brain to not drill jets. Ya know. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question too.

Well I messed that up too. First reply for Freezeman, second reply was for Carlson Motorsports.

buy a jewelers drill set and use your micrometer to measure the bits... you should be able to drill from .028 to .042 with most drill sets stock .028 jets are like a $1 each

Yea, if you're serious about doing jets, you should get some straight flute reamers. Beware that the smaller sizes are extremely expensive for good quality ones. We ream all of our jets, and many in half thou. sizes. I'd hate to add up what I've spent on reamers over the years.
Makes you wonder what the Chinese use (reamer or drill bit?)
I'd think that for your application a Chinese drill bit will work "just fine." ;)

Back