Jets

bullerman

What size jets do Predators come with from the factory.? Rewritng rules for our Box Stock class. Would like to be able to state a jet size. DNQ uses .013 idle and .030 main. Pennscreek says no modifications to the carb but doesn't say anything about jet size. What would be a good size to use in the class. I think a size should be stated.

stock jet is .028. Are you allowed an aftermarket air filter and pipe or stock pipe/filter? We don't usually go above a .032 with stock air filter, but will go to a .040 with aftermarket before it's too rich. you could easily do a no-go check with set drill bit size.

No it's stock filter and muffler. Supposed to be out of the Box.
The track didn't race last year but is supposed to this year. When we did race it was supposed to be out-of the box with 5500 rpm limit on the stand. Some were running governors some weren't. Some were running hemi vlocks with non hemi heads. Nothing was ever checked except rpm. I am trying to get him to go with mostly DNQ motor rules and check some motors from time to time. They say .013 and .030. I believe that would be a good number to go with. I have a pin drill set.

What size jets do Predators come with from the factory.? Rewritng rules for our Box Stock class. Would like to be able to state a jet size. DNQ uses .013 idle and .030 main. Pennscreek says no modifications to the carb but doesn't say anything about jet size. What would be a good size to use in the class. I think a size should be stated.
The new hemis have a .77mm jet, which is .030. Micro drill set dosen't have a .030 bit. Almost makes you think they did it on purpose.

Most of the Predators I've built and or teched generally have an .015 or .016 pilot jet and a .028 to .030 main jet. I currently have about 25 carbs on my work bench. I'll check all of them and give send you what I find. I use a pin gauge set to check them.

Back