jetting briggs 206 intek

joemel4ever

We are new to outlaw karting and run on dirt. we run in the box stock class and have a stock briggs 206 intek and we seem slow on takeoff and just cant catch the leader. we run a 12 tooth clutch with 60 gear. track is i-35kartway.com in waco texas. we are thinking we need to rejet the carb and are looking for advice on what size or how to do so. Any help would be great . this is on a qrc kart. Motor is a intek 206

We are new to outlaw karting and run on dirt. we run in the box stock class and have a stock briggs 206 intek and we seem slow on takeoff and just cant catch the leader. we run a 12 tooth clutch with 60 gear. track is i-35kartway.com in waco texas. we are thinking we need to rejet the carb and are looking for advice on what size or how to do so. Any help would be great . this is on a qrc kart. Motor is a intek 206
sounds more like your clutch is engaging at too low of an rpm. You want the clutch to engage at peak torque RPM. Make sure it's doing that first, then you can work on jetting. I hope you have a tachometer gauge on the kart.

Post what clutch you have and what Springs are in the clutch now and I'm sure someone will come on here and tell you what Springs you need.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

is this a true stock intek or does it have stock class parts put in an intek block? what are the other people in the class running?

Back