Jetting help. Gy6 engine in yerf dog kart.

I have oil, foam filter oil. Just not sure how to apply it without drenching it.......
Spray lightly . If you miss a spot it should wick over . If not shoot that spot .
Stand on the opening end and let drain over night .
If you over soak it , it will act like a carb issue and or not run right .

Spray lightly . If you miss a spot it should wick over . If not shoot that spot .
Stand on the opening end and let drain over night .
If you over soak it , it will act like a carb issue and or not run right .
I know, I just don't have a spray can... its a quart bottle.

If it's got a spout type top . Oil each rib separately . The let it sit check for the wicking , oil the spots that are dry or not red if that's the color .

Oiled the filter. Now it runs great at 1/8 through 1/2 rpm but on the top end it wont run. Period. it just bogs over and over.
Also, it doesnt like to start and doesnt idle the best either...

Oiled the filter. Now it runs great at 1/8 through 1/2 rpm but on the top end it wont run. Period. it just bogs over and over.
Also, it doesnt like to start and doesnt idle the best either...
So im guessing main is too rich. Im gonna take the air filter off and see if it runs better top end without it and if it does then ill know its running rich and a smaller main. Im thinking the pilot may be rich as well so a size smaller would maybe help.

It ran great without the air filter. So im gonna go a size smaller main. It doesnt run real well at idle either so im gonna try and do a size smaller idle to and see how that works out. I'll update

Hi all,
Thx in advance for the help. I recently bought a yerf dog spider box go kart, and I replaced the carb and welded just a straight header on because the exhaust was snapped off. It doesn’t want to start, idles like crap, and after it warms up it bogs in like the 1/8 through 1/2 throttle range. I’m thinking jetting but what would you guys recommend?
So it wouldn't start and idled bad to start with .
Your making progress .

So I jetted down from a 104 main to a 103 main and from a 35 pilot to a 34 pilot and now it runs like ****. It will idle ok and I have about an 1/8 throttle before it just bogs over and over.

So you have a diaphragm /constant velocity carb ?
Trust me it matters too much oil chokes it off .
Raising the needle should richen it at part throttle .

"bo g" what does that mean? I've always had this idea it means to rich! On the other hand, you may be describing too lean. You need to determine which it is.

If you put a new plug-in, drive the vehicle at wide open throttle, then check the plug, if it's dark, it's rich, if it's white, it's lean. Another clue is; at wide open throttle, when it's bogging, if the exhaust looks black, that's a sure sign of rich, no color, if bogging, a good sign of lean. Anyone with any kind of experience would see this instantly.

Back