Jr. 2 clone @ flathead track

mnewbe

Track has informed me they follow wka rules for Jr. 2, welcoming my 12 year old child's clone when the rest of the class and track is all flat heads. I just need to know what entails. I've done some searching can't find anything on here.

maybe i can say this a different way.......what does wka say a clone should be running in Jr. 2? Thats what they say I have to do. They expect whatever plate required by WKA for a Jr.2 (12yr old to be running in a clone) I'm assuming its a blue plate?

This is what we do at our track with mixing engine packages, and Im thinking that this is what they are asking you to do.

WKA FLathead is a .500 Blue Plate
Akra Clone is a .500 Purple Plate

Be sure to check with the track officials and also ask what pipe they are allowing. Hope this helps.

maybe i can say this a different way.......what does wka say a clone should be running in Jr. 2? Thats what they say I have to do. They expect whatever plate required by WKA for a Jr.2 (12yr old to be running in a clone) I'm assuming its a blue plate?

I've always seen Jr 1 Clone Green Plate, Jr 2 Clone Purple, and Jr 3 Blue but can I confirm that is 100 % AKRA rule NO you should PM Dyno Don he could tell you for sure, just info a Blue plate Clone will run away from a Blue Plate F/H.

This might have but it was my under standind that WKA and AKRA share the same rules for clone. JR2 clone is the .500 purple plate and spec exhuast is the small pipe and mini muffler. Big exhuast pipe is a local option

I was kind of figuring the same thing, I guess the track manager really needs to decide what we need to run then. All they said was conform to what WKA says to put in/on it and your good to go. I don't have the manual Ive been running the blue plate for 2 seasons at our local track because that's their rule. This track is all Flattys, they have no idea of what a clone is/was. I'd bet money they've never seen one.

Back