Jr 2 dirt oval/ first part broken

Phineas

So what is most likely to be the first part my son breaks on his dirt oval go kart?
My experience is in rc cars and tie rods and spindles are usually first to break. just trying to have a part on hand and I am sure he will break what I don't have.

He has a 2016 prowler chassis

Thanks.

Travis4 has a good point, but do be prepared for bent spindles, and a spare for each tie rod is not a bad idea, along with spare tie rod ends, whether mated up with the tie rods or not.

All true, and to add, buy a 10' box of karting chain and a good karting chain breaker. (space chain and space chain breaker)

MIKELEONECT, is absolutely correct your wallet can be broke on any given night..
Rear axle, its pretty easy to grab the wall or a hay bail exiting a corner witch tends to bend your axle and ending your night, I like to have a spare axle it the trailer all set up with hubs, rotor, and sprocket close to were they need to be, that way if you bend the one on your kart you can swap it out fairly quick in the pit and not miss your next race also like mentioned above tie rods these can also be put togather with the hiem ends in place for quick replacement. Just my .02
RICKY WOLFE JR #72
SHED-X MOTORSPORTS

So what is most likely to be the first part my son breaks on his dirt oval go kart?
The one part you don't have a spare for.
The part we've broken twice and seen several others break often is the crank rope assembly.

My experience is in rc cars and tie rods and spindles are usually first to break. just trying to have a part on hand and I am sure he will break what I don't have.

He has a 2016 prowler chassis

Thanks.
Your spirit will be the first thing
And as mentioned you'll always bend something you dont have and the parts trailer dont carry.
Body-can be repaired to get through the night
spindle-can also be straightened enough to get seat time
Nerf bar- can be straightened but be careful these are for driver protection once its bent it weaker

Back