Junior 3 dirt track racing

christina.titi

Im looking for infornation. If anyome can give me a bteak down on flat carts. I only know a few things such as stock clone, blue plate, open clutch, big pipe. I cant find any information about the rest such as the gears where to place % of weights and etc.

Thank you fir replying. First off im just getting started thats why im looking for the most detailed breakdown. We will be starting at an oval dirt track.

Im trying to buy the stuff now, is there luke a book or a breakdown that i can find, nobody wants to give me detailed info. They just want me to pay them to do it. They were kind of rude.

Im trying to buy the stuff now, is there luke a book or a breakdown that i can find, nobody wants to give me detailed info. They just want me to pay them to do it. They were kind of rude.
Sorry, racing isn't something that someone can tell you, it's a long process to learn all the ins and outs.
It actually takes a long time to learn, while they are karts, they still have almost every adjustment a full scale race car has.
I suggest find the track you plan on racing and watch, and ask questions at the track as to what kind of chassis everyone is running, type of tires, and a starting gear ratio.
All the different kart chassis setup a little different.
Kart racing takes hard work to run up front, and is a little more involved than a lot of people want to invest.
There's plenty of info here available for free, but you'll have to buy support equipment to.
Pick out your track and spend a few weekends making friends there.
When you buy, try to buy local, that way you can get some help from them.

As said in the above posts karting is a lot of work if you want your kid to run up front. Where are you located and what tracks do you plan on running? Then maybe someone on here whose familiar with those tracks can help you or point you in the right direction
I will say that if you’re starting out in JR3 you’ll most likely be competing against people who have years of experience which is so important in any sport but particularly in karting

Todd Godwin printed a book called ( Start Fast )that may help.
Gearing is track specific . weight placment / %'s , are chassis dependent . most weight is placed on the seat .
Nka has a online rule book ,
Akra is comeing out with one , soon .
both are similar with some nuances .
Having a shop set the Kart up initally may be best . even if they apper rude . though i don't like rude myself .erally theres willing help at the track
some relationships need developed .
Specific questions can be answred here quickly .
I vote with buy local if posssible .

side note JR 3 is a competitve class . when you start winning help will not be forthcoing . From your competitors .
Tires - its best too go with a tire person for a few sets to begin with .

As said in the above posts karting is a lot of work if you want your kid to run up front. Where are you located and what tracks do you plan on running? Then maybe someone on here whose familiar with those tracks can help you or point you in the right direction
I will say that if you’re starting out in JR3 you’ll most likely be competing against people who have years of experience which is so important in any sport but particularly in Hahira, GA at South Georgia Motorsports.

Back