just need input

bhill

ok just scaled my titan 3 and 44 rr -150lr- 49lf-108rf- that gives me about 73% cross , the guy I bought the kart from said "dont touch anything it will hook up!" new and first race will be indoor dirt bull ring, Right side pressure 8lbs left 6. Any input would be great .. all the info I see is this is way to much cross.

Also, the numbers aren't going to be the same for 2 different drivers, especially if they are different size and weights

Right now you have, front 44.73%, left 56.0%, cross 73.5%. A total of 351 pounds.
My spreadsheet has something new, I call it, front cross and rear cross. With your setup, both are the most I've ever seen, and trust me, I've seen a lot. You have 241% difference between a RR and the LR. You have 54.6% difference between the LF and the RF. The difference between the front and the rear is 19.1%. Much higher than most people run. If the guy you bought it from says this is a good setup, and why should we doubt him, there's no harm in trying it, but be ready to change it, just as a precaution.

In the end, I can't really say if this is good or bad setup, but it sure is a lot different than most people have on their karts.

Adding to that, from what I've read, running indoors seems to need a different setup from an outdoor oval dirt setup.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Air pressure is sensitive, make sure you have a good air gauge. 1 pound of air in the LF will change your cross average 2%. different driver will change your numbers as well. you can make high or low cross work indoors. Just totally different approach setup wise. When the track gains a ton of bite some add cross to help pin the LR down. more cross and negative rf camber. I my self run low cross indoors, but Im in the entire learning aspect of indoors and every time I race I drive home with a crap more load if ideas lol.. If you watch indoor videos you can pick out whos on a lower cross or higher cross setup. Check out some of the videos from King of concrete this past weekend. Some karts just lifting the LF up and others just lifting the LR. some run 3 degree lf spindles others are using 12 degree lf spindles. some are on reverse caster others opposite. Some have the LR pulled out all the way, some stiffen there axles left side or right side. Some run more front stagger some less Ive even learned you can run stagger from RF to RR to delay transfer. You can run a 6" lf rim vs a 6.5" rim to jack weight. Rake in the rear of kart. RR back or LR forwards. I can go on and on, I love this indoor stuff. Oh yeah then throw in the tire game, chasing the track. track gaining or loosing bite lol good luck

Thank you all so much for taking time to try and help! New to karting and this community is great!if anyone has anymore input I would love help with ways to increase decrease cross, etc....

Increase or decrease your cross by moving washers on the spindles. On the left side, you move washers from top to bottom to raise cross, which brings the spindle up. On the right front you would move washers from bottom to top to raise cross, bringing the spindle down. Its just the opposite of that on each side to lower cross, move them from bottom to top of left front to lower cross and from top to bottom on right front.

Even if it does handle well at first, that much cross will overwork the RF tire. The handling will start to fade (most likely in the form of a push) late in the race. Check air pressure gain or tire temps when you come off the track. Try to get the air pressure or temperature gain the same on the RF/RR tire. You don't want the RF to gain very much air/temp when compared to the RR.

Back