Kart dies when choke is fully open and throttle is pressed

sasquatch0006

So I've been having an issue with a kart I picked up recently, it dies when you press throttle without the choke on. It can run alright with the choke almost closed but not open. Replaced old stuff with a new carb, spark plug, cdi, fuel line. I've messed with jetting. Cleaned out the piston and that area. Changed oil. I'm gonna try adjusting valve lash soon once I get the measuring tool. It also runs very very rich even with a low jet.
The owner before didn't treat it too well, wasn't very smart or safe with them either so I have zero clue if they tried modified something like the governor.
Not really sure what else to look at besides the ones I've mentioned. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Motor is just a Lifan GXS-65 and a new stock chinesium 212cc carb

So I've been having an issue with a kart I picked up recently, it dies when you press throttle without the choke on. It can run alright with the choke almost closed but not open. Replaced old stuff with a new carb, spark plug, cdi, fuel line. I've messed with jetting. Cleaned out the piston and that area. Changed oil. I'm gonna try adjusting valve lash soon once I get the measuring tool. It also runs very very rich even with a low jet.
The owner before didn't treat it too well, wasn't very smart or safe with them either so I have zero clue if they tried modified something like the governor.
Not really sure what else to look at besides the ones I've mentioned. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Motor is just a Lifan GXS-65 and a new stock chinesium 212cc carb
You may have bought a dud of a carb. I would try a different carb, even if you could clean up the original and put it on

This is the low speed jet . take it out , remove both Lower o-rings reinstall.
1711637357392.png

You may have bought a dud of a carb. I would try a different carb, even if you could clean up the original and put it on
I fully cleaned the original before I bought the new one. Both are not clogged or have anything in them. Problems are exactly the same when I compared them running

Back