kart mania, what did you think

Yes. It's always good to get to talk to the different manufacturers and suppliers.

I think the kart wars part of it will turn out nicely after a few years.

I really enjoyed the shows that had the indoor racing also. I know it needs to be scheduled in such a way that it doesn't mess up the vendors hours. Maybe just a short show with 4-5 classes. The Convention Center had a gun/knife show in the next y'all over today. If there would have been any way to have indoor racing available and advertise it at the gun/knife show - it probably would have got a lot of fresh interest and would have benefitted vendors as well.

I thought it was good for the first year at MB. Hopefully it will expand in years to come.

Marc Mode from Trick Olympic had the most beautiful kart I think I have ever seen. Congratulations to the T/O crew and Scott Lynn Designs for winning the inaugural Kart Wars competition.

Very disappointed. After driving over 5hrs,basically nothing to be bought. We normally come to these type shows to see all the latest,greatest and to buy most of our supplies for the year. Oil,prep,air filters...etc.,the "little" things that add up.

I was disappointed as well. I came with a list of clone parts, air filters, fuel pumps, adapters , etc. I came home with two items marked off my list. The price of a booth was to high for the small items.

Fast Eddie and Zoom were missed for sure,they are the nuts and bolts guys that make a show beneficial to the saturday night racer.

I agree the show didn't quite have that big feel to it but in time hopefully that will get better. Overall I'm glad I went, got to talk to some people, learned a few things, spent a couple hours with my 4 year old there. The vintage kart section was pretty cool and had signs saying it was OK for kids to sit in and my boy loved that. I hope they keep it in myrtle beach and we'll be back next year if so, was a good excuse to take a father son weekend trip to the beach in the dead of winter lol

-Rowdy Wayne

I drove 17 hrs from Louisiana and I made some good deals but I was disappointed , I thought there would be a little more to it

I drove 17 hrs from Louisiana and I made some good deals but I was disappointed , I thought there would be a little more to it

Wow!!! That's dedication I live a hour & a half away and didn't go. For sure wouldn't drive 17hrs to go to a kart show.

I enjoyed meeting and talking with a number of the vendors. Dave Kohler, Jody with ARC, Jay & Shay Chavous and a number of other friends. Did pick up some tech tools from stouts booth. The vintage karts were cool and the show karts were sharp. I do think vendors could have sold more if they brought more inventory and had better show specials...

The show was pretty good. Got to meet a lot of people. I think the cost to the vendor's is why there was not so many show specials. My cost alone booth, gas, food and motel was over 1200.00. You need to do a lot of business to re-cope that. JMO
Lewis
Stout Racing engines
Rix Tech Tools

Sure glad i didn't make the trip but i sure did miss going to a show this year, been going to hickory,nc.for several years, at one time you could buy anything you wanted at a good price,but you know just going to the show and seeing everything and all the smiling faces was worth it all so i wouldn"t mind paying full price for any item....

The show was pretty good. Got to meet a lot of people. I think the cost to the vendor's is why there was not so many show specials. My cost alone booth, gas, food and motel was over 1200.00. You need to do a lot of business to re-cope that. JMO
Lewis
Stout Racing engines
Rix Tech Tools

Most everybody on this thread is ignoring the obvious by not placing themselves in the vendors' shoes, except for Lewis here. The venue was great, but having this show in a resort city probably made it cost more for everyone involved, and while I appreciate the promoters that put the show on, it is my opinion that a show is only as successful as the number of vendors present, so it would behoove a promoter to make things more vendor-friendly. Were I a potential vendor, I have to weigh out whether the expenditures merit the returns. I think it simply cost too much for vendors to do well in this instance, and if the vendors are spent out then they can't pass on good deals to us as racers.

I agree the show didn't quite have that big feel to it but in time hopefully that will get better. Overall I'm glad I went, got to talk to some people, learned a few things, spent a couple hours with my 4 year old there. The vintage kart section was pretty cool and had signs saying it was OK for kids to sit in and my boy loved that. I hope they keep it in myrtle beach and we'll be back next year if so, was a good excuse to take a father son weekend trip to the beach in the dead of winter lol

That's what karting is all about bud, wish I could do the same in my part of the world since I have a 5yr old son as well.

Back