kart mania, what did you think

I think onehardhead hit it on the head. The main reason there where not venders there

( the ones that everyone wants that sell use normal guys goodies to build our stuff) was because the spaces where way over priced. There's just not enough profit for a regular vender to go there. Personally that's who I buy from. I spent $10 bucks at the show. I normally spend closer to $1000. I wont go back again

Maybe next year the kart show can be recombined with the racers expo in Charlotte like it was back in the 90's. Karts, racecars, racing mowers minibikes, and a swapmeet. Drivers signing autographs everything racing under one roof. They still have that show every year on the 3rd weekend in January at the Charlotte mercantile mart. Same weekend we keep putting on kart shows that are a pale shadow of what they were from 97 to 03. The kart show was a healthy part of the Racer Expo until WKA created it's own separate deal with kartfest which was born in Hickory NC. I remember WKA saying they believed that karting was growing so fast that it deserved it's own venue. More likely they saw how karting was growing and seized an opportunity to truck in some extra cash by putting on their own exclusive show. Either way it can not be denied that the "kart show" has been in a steady decline for awhile now. It picked up a bit a couple times but is steadily becoming more anemic every year. Maybe it's time to dump the "kart show" for a race show, who wouldn't like to feed their racing bug and still have a lot more to see than a half empty exhibit hall.

Maybe it's time to take this little show idea off life support and bring karting back to the BIG show.

Was expecting a little more for the build up it received. Drove about 2 Hours but like someone else said gave a good reason to have a father / Son day! Saying that I would go again.

Back