Kart set up

When scaling a kart should both right front and left front be the same weight

Anytime your Left % age and Cross % age match, and are with in normal set-up numbers never tried it with real high left, your LF & RF will be same weight, to answer your question for most chassis 2006 and older say, for tracks running night races it's a very fast set-up when the left and cross match, which makes the LF & RF same weights, then take it one step more and look at the LF and RR individual weights keep them with in 2 to 5 lbs of each other with the RR being the lesser, this is especially true with rookie set-ups, that's not to say it does not work on newer chassis either I know of three local tracks where this set-up works very well.
This Info is all Dirt oval related.

When scaling a kart should both right front and left front be the same weight

When you dont know anything about the kart, the track, or the driver, this is a good place to start a setup from.

Its what I call a 3 wheeled balance setup. Essentially, you get the LF, the RF, and the RR tire all within app. 10 lbs or less of eachother.

This is a "balanced" setup, and is a very good, stable starting point to adjust from. It will get the kart around the track comfortably and consistently, then you can tune from there to achieve maximum potential.

When you dont know anything about the kart, the track, or the driver, this is a good place to start a setup from.

Its what I call a 3 wheeled balance setup. Essentially, you get the LF, the RF, and the RR tire all within app. 10 lbs or less of eachother.

This is a "balanced" setup, and is a very good, stable starting point to adjust from. It will get the kart around the track comfortably and consistently, then you can tune from there to achieve maximum potential.

Great Info !!

Bet this guy has won lots of races !! Perfect advice for a beginner !!

Back