Kart setup for lasoski speedway NEWBIE

Derek

I'm new to karting. I have a new ultramax badmax chassis. I haven't bought rims or tires yet. I'm 220lbs 6'2". Anyway, I'm going to be racing mostly at lasoski speedway which is a 1/6th mile banked dirt oval. 17 degree banking. I will be in the boxstock clone class. So, what is a good baseline setup for this kind of track? Camber, stagger, nose, left, cross?? Also I need help choosing tires and rims. I know about stagger but what is the "normal" tire tread width for all the corners? I was thinking about an 8" tire on 8" rim for RR, 6" tire on a 7" rim for LR, 8" tire on 8" rim for FR and 4 - 5" tire on 4 - 5" rim???? Also gearing for this kind of track? Bigger driver or smaller driver for that particular ratio?? I'm sorry for the newbie questions. I think I know enough to get myself in trouble lol. I really want to come into this season being able to compete. I know know I will have to fine tune but I want to start somewhat close. Sorry again for the newbie questions and the long post. Thanks in advance!!!

6 inch tire on LR on an 8.25-8.50 depending on the stagger your trying to obtain.
LF I always ran a 5 in. wide tire on a 6 in wide rim.
RS tires are 8.00 on 10 in wide rim

Someone else quoted this on another post. This is the typical tire/rim combo. The newer U-max's I've seen had a little something different on the LF so you may ask on their forum. It might be best to post in the "Plains States" forum to get some local help. It will also help if you can afford to buy a complete brand new set of trued up tires/rims. If you buy them from your local dealer, you'll probably be able to get a fair bit of help in set-up - and then you don't end up with a bunch of tires and rims you don't need.

I'm new to karting. I have a new ultramax badmax chassis. I haven't bought rims or tires yet. I'm 220lbs 6'2". Anyway, I'm going to be racing mostly at lasoski speedway which is a 1/6th mile banked dirt oval. 17 degree banking.
I like to learn about tracks. I have a 1/6 mile track laid out and the distance between the straights is 150 feet. Is that about how far it is between the straights on your track?
My layout says a theoretical stagger should be about 1 1/4 inches. But that's for a flat track, no banking in the turns. Theoretically, I believe, with banking, you could use less stagger. I'm wondering also, with banking, can you raise the tire pressures?
Too many questions.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.

Any clutch recommendations? I have been looking at the cheetah racing clutch by Noram. Any other options? Also, what is the difference between split tooth sprockets and regular ones? Any real advantages?
T

I'm new to karting. I have a new ultramax badmax chassis. I haven't bought rims or tires yet. I'm 220lbs 6'2". Anyway, I'm going to be racing mostly at lasoski speedway which is a 1/6th mile banked dirt oval. 17 degree banking. I will be in the boxstock clone class. So, what is a good baseline setup for this kind of track? Camber, stagger, nose, left, cross?? Also I need help choosing tires and rims. I know about stagger but what is the "normal" tire tread width for all the corners? I was thinking about an 8" tire on 8" rim for RR, 6" tire on a 7" rim for LR, 8" tire on 8" rim for FR and 4 - 5" tire on 4 - 5" rim???? Also gearing for this kind of track? Bigger driver or smaller driver for that particular ratio?? I'm sorry for the newbie questions. I think I know enough to get myself in trouble lol. I really want to come into this season being able to compete. I know know I will have to fine tune but I want to start somewhat close. Sorry again for the newbie questions and the long post. Thanks in advance!!!

Call Fairfield Motorsports in Independence MO. They can get you going on this track.

Back