KT100 case needed

Dan Brown

I am looking for a core KT100 or a set of bare case halves. We just had an engine gone through, it runs fantastic but an on-track incident messed up the mounting holes in the case real bad. One side of the case the casting is busted right off where the motor mount bolt hole is. After looking it over with my engine builder we are just going to replace the case halves and use the rest of the engine that I have. If anyone has something lying around they are willing to part with please send me price and details. Shipping would be to 13316. Thanks.
Dan Brown

Dan,
Check your email, I sent you information on a near new set of permanent mold type KT100 cases all prepped and ready to use.
Steve O'Hara

Dan, I've been looking for some crappy case halfs. Would you send them if I pay the shipping?

Thanks,
Sundog

Not sure they would be any use to you as the mounting holes are seriously messed up. The cases could be put in a milling machine and the mounting points milled flat and true, then the mounting holes drilled oversize and threaded inserts installed, although one of them may not have enough material left around it for that. It was easier and cheaper to get new cases, so that's the route I am taking. When I get the stripped and the new engine together if you want them they are yours, I have no use for them at all. I will let you know when they are ready to go.
Dan

Back