Kurt Busch Indy Accident

I hate to see this. I am glad he is not hurt, he hit the wall hard.
I hope he does good in the race.
You know when he wrecked he was running it for all it was worth. He only knows 1 speed, too the wood.

Loose in push out, the fix most often comes from the driver.

He would have been ok if the push part of it wasn't as bad. Maybe his NASCAR get a hold of the loose reflexes, are not good enough for Indy cars? That would mean there are two driver problems which need fixed, instead of one. One would be a judgement error and the other could be an error resulting from lack of required skill to drive Indy cars. Seat time should fix it.

Probably something on the track caused it.

Kurt admitted it was his fault. I've been to the track almost everyday and its amazing how good he has been so far. Consistently one the fastest cars. Just a slight error, no big deal.

I use to not be a big fan of Kurt, but after meeting him last week I must say he is very different in person than how most view him. Good guy and incredible talent

Glad hes ok, kinda surprised he didn't wreck sooner.
Hopefully if hes leading on last lap he wont wreck like hildebrand did a few years ago

Only one potential problem left: if they can't fix the car (looked like it may be beyond repair on the news clip I saw), he goes to a backup car, which means he loses a pretty good qualifying spot and starts in the rear. That would be a tough break, but it's a 500 mile race, so that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Only one potential problem left: if they can't fix the car (looked like it may be beyond repair on the news clip I saw), he goes to a backup car, which means he loses a pretty good qualifying spot and starts in the rear. That would be a tough break, but it's a 500 mile race, so that wouldn't be the end of the world.

On the local news here in Indy they said that the team took the car back to the shop to try and get it repaired.

He will go to a backup car but will keep his starting position as per USA Today.

How'd he pull that off - they change the rules?

No it is in the rule book.
"However, Busch will be able to retain his starting position of 12th under Indy 500 rule Number 8.4.3.9 (as conveniently tweeted out by INDYCAR director of communications Mike Kitchel):"

Back