Kyle Larson

When I've talked to him a Williams Grove after sprint car races he ran in there, he seemed like anything BUT a punk kid. And he can wheel a 410 winged supersprint with the best of them.

To me Kyle Larson proved he is Mr. Larson. He appears to have a good mind as where he is on the track and has an appeal in interviews that others would like to have. I hope he has a great future with the sport. We need talents like him to replace the Gordon , Stewart ,Johnson ,Harvick and so on.

I mean I don't like him, he is a punk kid but he can drive, and drive anything. Good run

The kid is polite and proffessional in his interviews, admits his lack of stock car experience, will drive ANYTHING anywhere, anytime, and didnt buy his way into any single ride or have sponsor money pay his way through the ranks. He made it from outlaw karts to sprint cars, to NASCAR on pure talent alone, one of the first in a long time to do so.

If thats a punk, ill be a punk kid any day!

You think Larson is a Punk Kid WoW, It would of been Interesting to see your thought's on the Bush Brothers when they started.

My God, if you can't spell their name correctly, refer to someone else please. It's BUSCH.

Who was the first ( I saw anyway ) to congratulate K.L. in Victory lane Sat? K.B. Oh, he's such a Bad Guy, he also said in the paper he is really impressed with Larson's driving. Me too.

I would think the Dillon boys would be more in the "Punk" class than Larson. JMO.

DGE.

Talented kid. Great ending to Saturdays race. Proves you don't have to crash people to race 'em . Thanks Lawson , Harvick , and Busch for showing us what real racing can be like .

Punk kid??? Really???

I had that impression after last years Battle at the Beach, but I may have been quick to judge. Hes definitely got talent and Im sure he will have a good career in this sport.

For anyone that says he made it on pure talent, nobody makes it on pure talent and no financial backing. He may not have Logano or Childress money but somebody had to get him going in racing.

The kid has undeniable talent, but as Chris said, talent alone doesn't advance one through the levels of motorsports. He is an alumnus of NASCAR's Drive for Diversity program, as are Darrell Wallace Jr. and Aric Almirola. Push from the sanctioning body can open doors that talent alone can not. Granted, the kid has definiately made the most of his opportunities, but the high-profile push has definately been there.

I can remember his dad saying that he can only help him through karting, after that he's on his own.

I honestly think his biggest break came when Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon starting becoming big on him, which got him great opportunities.

Back