Lash caps

fatjet87

Anyone know where I can buy a lash cap? I think that's what it's called. It's the small round piece that fits over the valve stem on top of the spring retainer. I somehow lost 1. Thanks guys.

Anyone know where I can buy a lash cap? I think that's what it's called. It's the small round piece that fits over the valve stem on top of the spring retainer. I somehow lost 1. Thanks guys.
When you say you "lost" one, is that because you can only find one? or none? Typically speaking, a stock engine only has the one lash cap. Its normally on the exhaust valve only. Didn't know if you were thinking it had two or not.

Well I was running the engine and the exhaust spring came loose. It didn't have one there, I pulled crankcase cover couldn't find it in there either. So I thought that I had lost it at the track when I pulled the valve cover off and put the spring back on the exhaust. So there's only supposed to be 1 and that's on the intake valve?? It actually looks like the lash cap would help hold the spring retainer in place and keep it from moving side to side. Kinda lock it in place.

Normally speaking the exhaust side is the one with the lash cap. The retainers are ever so slightly different from intake to exhaust and the cap does help hold the retainer in place. Some do occasionally put exhaust retainers on the intake side with a lash cap however. This is not legal per some rule sets. It offers no performance gain but could increase longevity of the rocker and valve potentially.
Now if this is a Hemi, I cant speak on them. I have no 212 Hemi experience what so ever.

The hemi predators came with 2 lash caps, one on each valve, so make sure you have one on each. If you need new ones for a hemi, you can use the lash caps made for the Honda/Clone Gx200 engines, they are the same lash caps

Back