Laydown Enduro with Sudam131 anyone?

RAFellows

Anyone running a Buller Billet Sudam131 Open in a laydown Roadrace kart? I’m moving from an open K35 to a Sudam131 and could use some pointers on jets, flex, pipe, gearing, etc.

My 150 open kart with the K35
IMG_4453.jpeg

Alky. Local roadraces are 20 & 25 minutes long, rolling start. I was able to go 45 minutes on alki with the K35, what's you estimate for a stroker Sudam on Alki, how many gallons? I'll find out on the 1st practice day but your advice will help.

Alky. Local roadraces are 20 & 25 minutes long, rolling start. I was able to go 45 minutes on alki with the K35, what's you estimate for a stroker Sudam on Alki, how many gallons? I'll find out on the 1st practice day but your advice will help.
I can just tell you on dirt ovals I had 2 tanks on my chassis, like 3 gallon. I know 1 1/2 gallon wouldn't make it through a 10 to 15 min race on a dirt ovals if using dual Buller carbs or a big single carb. On a big track I doubt you can even make it with 2 gallons of alky and you don't want to find out when you run out of gas on a long straight and seize the engine. Never ran the stroker Sudam on my laydowns or my sprint enduro though. If I would I would run gas.

I can just tell you on dirt ovals I had 2 tanks on my chassis, like 3 gallon. I know 1 1/2 gallon wouldn't make it through a 10 to 15 min race on a dirt ovals if using dual Buller carbs or a big single carb. On a big track I doubt you can even make it with 2 gallons of alky and you don't want to find out when you run out of gas on a long straight and seize the engine. Never ran the stroker Sudam on my laydowns or my sprint enduro though. If I would I would run gas.
Thanks Rainman, I’ll boost my tank capacity. A Question: why didn’t you run a stroker Sudam on your laydown enduro?

Thanks Rainman, I’ll boost my tank capacity. A Question: why didn’t you run a stroker Sudam on your laydown enduro?
I only used my Susan for dirt ovals (UAS). I have just sold it. On my laydowns I run a Yamaha pipe though I have a bunch of 100 cc Reed's I could use. Keeping a good stroker Sudam is not cheap and long WKA enduro races wouldn't have helped.

Back