Lebanon Valley mods.

Red

Been thinking of putting a mod engine together for occasional Sunday racing. Wanted to know about kart count and any engine info.

Kart count is strong in that class with 12-15 karts when they run every other week. Check with Gary Silkey #75 in the pits. He had his mod motor for sale as he is only running animal class this year. In fact i think he had the whole kart for sale.

You can find the rules and schedule for the class at www.lebanonvalley.com website. Click on Lebanon Valley Go-Kart Speedway, go to Class Regulations and click on the "Flathead Modified Rules" drop down. There also is a phone number and e-mail address for Gary who runs this class if you need further info. This is basically a "low cost" B&S 5HP stock block, stock stroke modified class that we brought over from Whip City Speedway in Westfield, Ma after they closed. We only run "treaded" tires which requires no prep, last forever and promotes multi groove racing. We are scheduled to race this Sunday 7/5/15 so stop by if you can.

And I would like to add...this is the perhaps the greatest group of guys that I have personally ever competed against. Everyone helps each other out (of the karts a lot of times). Very competitive and very close racing. Strictly for adults however, over 16. Best thing that ever happened to kart racing and I've been doing this for nealy 25 years. Come on over.

I was informed by Gary that the "Flathead Modified Rules" has the incorrect phone number to contact him. It should be (860) 872-2664 not (860) 875-2664. Be sure to stop by tomorrow. JKF66 has seen me try to get out my kart after a race or I should say roll out of my kart. LOL.

Had a guy come up to me after the races Sunday and say, "Thanks for representing us fat old guys in kart racing!" WTF.

I told him you're welcome.

I feel left out. I fit in that category. Just remember age & treachery is supposed to overcome youth and exuberance most of the time. LOL.

Back