LED lighting inside trailers- options?

RI Racer

I picked up another enclosed trailer. I want to put lights inside but I'd rather not go with fluorescent tubes this time.

Has anyone used 4' LED fixtures or any other type of LED lighting? Any feedback or links to what was used will be appreciated. Quantity? White color? Lumens?

Thank you,
Kris

I used (2) 4 foot led lights I picked up at Lowes. They look like a single fluorescent light. They were about $40.00 each but they are bright. Usually only need to turn one on. Put both along the left side of the roof. If I did it again I would put one on each side of trailer. These are in a 14 foot trailer.

The lights are too spread apart to get good lighting in led rope lights. I run the wiring department at a large trailer manufacturing company. We've use many different led light systems. The key to good lighting will be your wall interior. If you have wood in the walls, it will not be that well lit. If you line the walls with white aluminum sheets, it will get you what you want. We have one that has about 10 leds in a 6"x18" panels that can get real bright. http://www.pmlights.com/products.cfm?cId=1&fId=66&pId=3732. We just started using an led awning light that seems to be bright.

I have 5 rows approx. 5 feet long. Three rows are on one switch and two rows are on a second switch. When all 5 rows are lit up it is amazing!!! I can run them all night on a lawnmower battery including the lights I have mounted on the top of the trailer for working on the kart in the dark. Charge the battery up the next day and good to go for the next week. I love not hearing the generator and nothaving to mix fuel for it.

I have 5 rows approx. 5 feet long. Three rows are on one switch and two rows are on a second switch. When all 5 rows are lit up it is amazing!!! I can run them all night on a lawnmower battery including the lights I have mounted on the top of the trailer for working on the kart in the dark. Charge the battery up the next day and good to go for the next week. I love not hearing the generator and nothaving to mix fuel for it.

5 rows of what lights Don ?

Bought 2 of these sets from Amazon. $9.24 each with free prime shipping. Each row about 16'. Cut them in half and put two 8' rows on each side. Hooked to 12v battery. Greatest thing since sliced bread! The amount bright light put out by $18 worth of 600 led lights is astonishing. LED is going to revolutionize lighting and electricity use in America.

LE Lampux 12V Flexible LED Strip Lights, Daylight White, Super Bright 300 Units 5050 LEDs, Non-waterproof, Light Strips, 4ft/5m

I bought two 16.4 foot ones off eBay. They stick on with 3m tape and can be cut to whatever length you need. They was 14.50 each. Very cheap.
I hooked then straight into the two original roof lights in the center and ran to each edge of the trailer in 4 foot sections. So I have 4 4 foot light strips in my 16 foot enclosed. Roof and walls are white. Floor is grey. At night time I have one of the brightest trailers at the track and way way less bugs flying around. Bugs don't like the led lights as much.

I also have enough left over to line the bed of my truck with what's left over. All for 29.00 including shipping. Can't beat that. I also don't have to have a generator to run the lights. And being led and having a diesel truck with two batteries I don't have to worry about how long they stay on because they use so little energy that it doesn't effect my batteries. I also have great lighting for nights I have to go get something from the trailer at home as well without hooking into power.

For me there is no other way to go on lighting

The stick on strip lights are also very very low profile which is a huge plus sometimes.
You can also line your cabinets with then if you have cabinets.

Back