left front washers

Definitely seems like an easy way to do it, but you're changing other things besides cross when doing it this way. If you're shrinking or stretching tires to change tire sizes, it's easier to just change washers. If you're changing tire size with air pressure, you're changing even more things.

As Hogan's Goat said you keep a few L-F tires diff. sizes within 1/8" .................Hard for an old man to do much these days and then drive...

Hey Lake, never too old to race. I drove in my 75th year. Can't breathe in the car at 77 years. Got a 17 yr. old whiz to take advantage of my set-up. This video is our 4th in a row. See the car and know why I work on the ground. Car is 330 lbs.

http://youtu.be/xTsZYtI-oW0

If you are having trouble getting the washers to line back up to slide the kingpin through, simply loosen the jam nut on the camber heim to allow a little play in it. The king pin and washers will slip right in. Then tighten the jam nut back

Some older karts I've seen had a jack bolt on one or both front corners in place of the washers. Everyone I ever talked to that had that setup said they preferred washers.

I've found if the heims were lined up the kingpin was easy to remove and reinstall without having to loosen the nut on the heim bolt. Keep notes of where your washers are in case you drop them and forget where they should be. Keep spare washers in case you lose them. There are half-size washers that make it easier to fine-tune your adjustments, and there are spacers (like thick washers) that can fill the space in place of a bunch of washers that never get moved. Throwing a tarp or piece of carpet under the kart stand makes it really easy to find what you drop. Washers can also be painted bright colors which makes it hard for them to hide on the ground.

Hogan Goats - Nick is that you? Didn't see you at OVRP this year

Road Dog - I had an Invader with that Jack bolt, loved that kart, it was majic! I used to always have a 8 x 8 foot piece of artifical grass that I always put in our pit area. Eventually I got a bigger one and the boys revolted and lost it on me one year!

Hi Steve, I'm too old for 20 hr. race days. I miss all you UAS guys. Cream of the crop.
George "ROCKETMAN" Owenby sends me all the video's. Wish I could be at "Dumplin Valley" for that big show.
Having a great year. My 1/4 midget driver has 155 A-Main wins in 8 years plus a GRAND NATIONAL !
If I could drive like him 50 yrs. ago, I'd be famous !! LOL !
I see Robby Dillon all the time. Say hello's for me !

hogan.....Nice video......... I work on my kart, i'am my crew cheif, i'am my set up man, i'am my tire guy, i do the driving and most of all I'am 61 years old.....
oh wait i load and un load my van and drive to the track also.......dont know much about Go kart racing on dirt only in it about 4 years now ........Having fun ............

Back