left rear bearing and axle collars

strong08

I was wondering how many people let their lr bearing float with out an axle collar or how many use the collar, I seen on phantoms web site on one of the videos he drilled the axle and used a pin on the bearing. Is there any real difference on the way it is done. I run an impulse does each chassis call for something different or is it standard.

Contact your manufacturer or a dealer for them and see what the recommend. Like you said some do and some don't you just have to see. If you're not sure just try it at the track and see what works best too. Usually what works best is what the manufacturer already recommended for you

I run the set screw part way into the keyway and lock it with a jam nut. That would keep the bearing from turning on the axle but allow it to slip sideways on the axle.

Pinning the left rear is to prevent the axle from slipping sideways. Just pinned my sons and hope to see a difference this weekend.

collars could fail and a screw and drill is next too free. there should be no reason to move it.
collars will work.
screw could be sheared as well course your crashed then also.

I tap the axle, and use a regular Allen bolt with red lock-tite, also use split collars, aluminum, over 25 yrs. doing it that way, no problems yet. I pin the L/R because I don't want the brake rotor moving against the brake caliper and binding things up. float the R/R.

Back