Left Side weight

if the kart feels slow or just simply not making any speed, you may have too much left side

Im trying to get ready for indoor racing I been running 58% left indoor tracks but like Weddle Racing said I just feel slow.. oh and thanks jack ill try to remember that next time

Im trying to get ready for indoor racing I been running 58% left indoor tracks but like Weddle Racing said I just feel slow.. oh and thanks jack ill try to remember that next time

"I just feel slow". Not much to go by! What do the lap times say?
Slow down the straight or through the turns?

Something that always interested me; the radius of the turns and your stagger.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

well im sure left side want hurt me down the straight BUT if im slow in the turns im gonna be slow down the straight correct me if im wrong... what I was asking when im in the kart going around the track whats the best way of tellin if my kart has to much or to less LS...

You just have to have a feel for it. But honestly I'd rather adjust cross first. The kart just won't pull you to to the right side at all, that's how I feel it. You just feel the tires hook up and pull you over like you would if you were driving your regular car around a corner.

Generally if the track is low grip I'll play around with camber or caster first, or try to get more grip with tires. I will only go up or down 1% on left.

The track has very low grip... would 61% cross sound right with 58% left 46.5 nose 3/4 LF camber 2 1/2 RF 1 1/2 front and back stragger

When I ran a number plate zip tied to the rear bumper, the plate would actually shift/slide to the leftside if the LEFTSIDE was overloaded. From the seat, it feels like a pulling force on the driver most of the way around the track instead of feeling the weight transfer and plant your rightside rib cage in the seat at the apex.

Scottie

Most indoor tracks require more left side than bigger outdoor tracks but "low bite" would make me want less left side so weight would transfer. JMO

Back