Left side

Packman88

Ok, I'm gonna apologize for long post ,we race two different series with two different weight rules. Our first one is 320lbs I got all my numbers figured out for that one, to meet the 320lb we have to have 24.7 lbs of lead.

Now when we run here at home it's 270lb min weight, we are trying to get our numbers closer with out adding the lead so we can keep the shedded weight off. We run predator stock minus gov, and we run a pipe and we are on the Hoosier treaded tires.
Our current numbers are as follows

46.8 nose
55.5 left
67.3 cross

I can live with all of them minus the left side, any suggestions to get left side up without moving seat or adding a ton of lead back on ?

Or is the 55.5 doable

Small track measures 725-726 feet very little banking tight paperclip turns

Thanks !

Ok, I'm gonna apologize for long post ,we race two different series with two different weight rules. Our first one is 320lbs I got all my numbers figured out for that one, to meet the 320lb we have to have 24.7 lbs of lead.

Now when we run here at home it's 270lb min weight, we are trying to get our numbers closer with out adding the lead so we can keep the shedded weight off. We run predator stock minus gov, and we run a pipe and we are on the Hoosier treaded tires.
Our current numbers are as follows

46.8 nose
55.5 left
67.3 cross

I can live with all of them minus the left side, any suggestions to get left side up without moving seat or adding a ton of lead back on ?

Or is the 55.5 doable

Small track measures 725-726 feet very little banking tight paperclip turns

Thanks !
Which Phantom chassis ? I assume that's a Jr class with a plate ?

Which Phantom chassis ? I assume that's a Jr class with a plate ?

Also when we run our local track the age limit is 8-14 yrs old in one class, so most of the kids are 280-290 lbs. Thus the reason we wanna get rid of extra weight. We tried with the added and I feel like they was just getting us being lighter lol

55.5 won't cut it with a Minecon, I'd add 15 lb and run it little heavy still 35 lb less.
BUT what gearing are you using on the predator VS the purple plate , what target RPM with the predator ?, Are you using different tires ? using more air ?

55.5 won't cut it with a Minecon, I'd add 15 lb and run it little heavy still 35 lb less.
BUT what gearing are you using on the predator VS the purple plate , what target RPM with the predator ?, Are you using different tires ? using more air ?

When we run purple plate depending on track we are 16-63/65 , our local track they run micros on same day usually rough and heavy we are 14/64, just cause on and off the throttle
...this last Sunday though it was smooth, hard and had a ton of grip, kid won it on 16 ....4850-4950 target ...

Just curious as gearing with predator is very important part, If 16 driver for purple You'll NEVER run a 14 for predator, double air presssure as well,
as mentioned above 55.5 won't make as much speed.

Just curious as gearing with predator is very important part, If 16 driver for purple You'll NEVER run a 14 for predator, double air presssure as well,
as mentioned above 55.5 won't make as much speed.

So the purple plate is predator , when we typically run the purple plate predator its on tracks that are for karts only , hard, glazed over etc.
.air pressure we usually are 8.5 down rights 8 down left, we tried 9 down right and 8.5 lefts Sunday night when track was hard and grippy

So when you posted this your using the purple plate in a predaor at 320 lb, then the 270 lb class is NO plate predator or purple plate ?

Yes sorry I should have explained it better, but correct we run series which is predator engine with the purple plate and 320 lbs, our local track is same rules except no plate, and 270 lbs

Yes sorry I should have explained it better, but correct we run series which is predator engine with the purple plate and 320 lbs, our local track is same rules except no plate, and 270 lbs
If the other kid won with NO plate on a 16 driver, that tells me I'd be taking a good look at my gearing while running the purple plate.

If the other kid won with NO plate on a 16 driver, that tells me I'd be taking a good look at my gearing while running the purple plate.

Ya that's what has me confused I'm not 100% on the 16, that's what I was told. I feel like the 16 is right with the plate, we been winning races at 4900- mid 4900s . we started on a 14 for both heat races realized the track was holding a ton of grip so we jumped to 15-66 and still feel.like we got pulled with momentum ,maybe the 66 was to much

Ya that's what has me confused I'm not 100% on the 16, that's what I was told. I feel like the 16 is right with the plate, we been winning races at 4900- mid 4900s . we started on a 14 for both heat races realized the track was holding a ton of grip so we jumped to 15-66 and still feel.like we got pulled with momentum ,maybe the 66 was to much
Are you running both at the same track ?

With a 15/66 I'd bet the farm you had it gear bound on the big 1/8 th mile track.

Are you running both at the same track ?

The 16 we have only run on big banked 1/7 miles. And 1/5 miles, honestly we struggle so bad at our local track it about has me done in. Like I said usually the track is really rough and one lane around the bottom because of the micros so that's why we been on like 14/64 65 there. But Sunday night it was smooth hard, and grippy top to bottom all the way around. So I thought well dang this thing jas some momentum in it , so I jumped to a 15 driver and 66 just to help pull him cause we was so heavy at the 322# compared to the other kids. I feel like we just got beat on momentum maybe I should have been 15/64 65. But then I was told the kid won on a 16/64 so......idk honestly lol it about has me driven crazy

With a 15/66 I'd bet the farm you had it gear bound on the big 1/8 th mile track.

So just out of curiosity after the races I took all the lead off, didnt change anything minus that, surprisingly the kart drove decent , but I swear he was floating the valves, turned about 16 laps, czme in and tech said 4960 , but I swear valves was floating ( stock springs ) so I thought maybe that was iy....but idk

The 16 we have only run on big banked 1/7 miles. And 1/5 miles, honestly we struggle so bad at our local track it about has me done in. Like I said usually the track is really rough and one lane around the bottom because of the micros so that's why we been on like 14/64 65 there. But Sunday night it was smooth hard, and grippy top to bottom all the way around. So I thought well dang this thing jas some momentum in it , so I jumped to a 15 driver and 66 just to help pull him cause we was so heavy at the 322# compared to the other kids. I feel like we just got beat on momentum maybe I should have been 15/64 65. But then I was told the kid won on a 16/64 so......idk honestly lol it about has me driven crazy
You had the right Idea jumping driver to help with Momentum BUT increased the rear to much with it, for the 15 should of been about a 60, should of just jumped right past the 15 to a 16 with a 63 or 64, you were gear bound ( trying to turn it way to much ).
For a big 1/7th mile high banked a 16 driver is not correct Either, especially if your using the plate there.

So just out of curiosity after the races I took all the lead off, didnt change anything minus that, surprisingly the kart drove decent , but I swear he was floating the valves, turned about 16 laps, czme in and tech said 4960 , but I swear valves was floating ( stock springs ) so I thought maybe that was iy....but idk
If that was with the 15/66 YA HE WAS FLOATING THE VALVES .

If that was with the 15/66 YA HE WAS FLOATING THE VALVES .

Jeez auto correct, yes he ran 15/66 turned the 4960 but was floating the valves, like I said I wondered if it was that , but then with our target usually around 4900 I didn't think much of it. Your right probably needed that 16/63 64, just didn't think it would take it that 16. A big 1/7 mile you think is a 17 driver ? This whole gearing deal gets me crossed up.

Jeez auto correct, yes he ran 15/66 turned the 4960 but was floating the valves, like I said I wondered if it was that , but then with our target usually around 4900 I didn't think much of it. Your right probably needed that 16/63 64, just didn't think it would take it that 16. A big 1/7 mile you think is a 17 driver ? This whole gearing deal gets me crossed up.
Were running Sr Stock Predator with 1 guy at 410 lb on a small 1/8th mile but momentum with a 17/58 turning 4850 rpm avg, A big 1/7th if it makes any momentum at all I'd be on a 17 for sure pobably an 18 driver with that 63 or 64.

Back