Length of exhaust manifold

How would going from a short to a long (abd vice-versa)exhaust manifold with a kbdm pipe and matching exhaust affect a kt100?

Buller sells the manifold for the kbdm , its long smooth taper and rotates making mounting easier .
Now your question is more two part . If you switch from a old rlv pipe to a kbdm .
Using the current header .
Will it still be a benefit ?
My guess is it will be a benefit maybe not the full potential still an improvement .
The length is still measured from the piston face , no matter the header .

Buller sells the manifold for the kbdm , its long smooth taper and rotates making mounting easier .
Now your question is more two part . If you switch from a old rlv pipe to a kbdm .
Using the current header .
Will it still be a benefit ?
My guess is it will be a benefit maybe not the full potential still an improvement .
The length is still measured from the piston face , no matter the header .
I got the exhaust manifold made to go with the kbdm pipe...i understand both a short and long version are made, just wondering which might be best for what racing i do...mainly smaller dirt ovals with corners normally not able to keep it wide open....🙂

rechecked bullers website, their longer version exhaust manifold part #103-378 is designed for their KB 06 pipe for sudams, reedjets and TT75 engines.... shorter version part #101-125 is specifically for the KBDM pipe...:)

rechecked bullers website, their longer version exhaust manifold part #103-378 is designed for their KB 06 pipe for sudams, reedjets and TT75 engines.... shorter version part #101-125 is specifically for the KBDM pipe...:)
I have a long version that fits a kt . Might be an experimental piece .

I have a long version that fits a kt . Might be an experimental piece .
New issue, the header is straight, with flex in place, the kbdm pipe wont clear the rear axle sprocket on my recon or minecon...need an "angled" exhaust manifold to get the pipe up higher...the motor is on a buller made angled jackshaft and mount... maybe taller legs for the jackshaft base?

Two options . Yes Buller has or did have tall legs .
You can also cut and weld the flex at the angle you need .
Saw plenty of Killams with an angled flex .
You have a straight header now ?

Was messing around with the pipe and such tonight, i found that if i angle the pipe upwards at the end, i get the clearance from the sprocket needed...i made a brace that pretty well secures the pipe in place...🙂

Spin what rear sprocket gear, with a jackshaft you should be able to make any pipe work. Might be easier to regear rather then mess with all the pipe BS. Just sayin back in the mid 80's we ran champ karts with open kt and had way less room than you have ( the old chain front and rear jackshaft). Sit down and look at it for a day or so it will come to ya. Heck guys run siemiese engine with less trouble just sayin Chuck.

It was the plastic sprocket guard...took it off, was still not clearing a #35 65 tooth sprocket withthe pipe level...thats when i thought about lifting up the fat end of the pipe, sits a little going uphill now, which.i hope wont be a problem...😉

Move the engine back if theres room , put a 19 driver on the engine then you could go smaller on the axle sprocket .
Droping the axle is a good idea .

Back