Let me re-phrase my tire prep question

RCZ racer

My 7yr old runs two low hp(green plate clone and 3,5 flathead) karts on a short 1/9 dirt oval with medium banking. The track has good grip most of the time so we don,t use tire prep. I just sand the tires down every week. We run burris slicks 22 soft. We run up front and have wins when track keeps grip all night. Its the nights that the track gets hard that we lose speed.
Is there a prep i can use if i see that the track is getting hard and losing grip? It would be applied one hour before the main event. Thanks

Black Bite 2.0, Pink Panther cut 50/50 with goat, & Monster Bite. That would be my first three choices.

LS 3 or LS 4
TT Black Sand cut 50/50 with acrysol, TT orange
Palmetto trackside soft
Krug Green
goat with a splash of creo (if you must)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

My 7yr old runs two low hp(green plate clone and 3,5 flathead) karts on a short 1/9 dirt oval with medium banking. The track has good grip most of the time so we don,t use tire prep. I just sand the tires down every week. We run burris slicks 22 soft. We run up front and have wins when track keeps grip all night. Its the nights that the track gets hard that we lose speed.
Is there a prep i can use if i see that the track is getting hard and losing grip? It would be applied one hour before the main event. Thanks

You can re-phrase tire prep questions 10 times, but IF and not being there it's tough to say 100 %, but If the compound of choice is 33's for when it gets hard, slick, your barking up the wrong tree about only a prep question, to be best I'd say it's 95% chance you need 33's for those conditions then apply Brian advise on prep.

Good Luck !!

Pink magic with a little goat pee works real well in dry slick conditions when track loses a little bite

If you loose speed when the track hardens up, could be your tire is too soft. Have you tried more air? Like the Promoter said a slightly harder tire with a bite chemical maybe the ticket.

Sometimes a Burris will just slide around on the track if it is too soft. I would try a set of sanded SS33 with no prep to see what they do before prepping.

22's with any amount of prep on them will be too soft for a track that is hard and maybe is biting up/getting rubber down, yellow vegas are slightly harder and work well with little to no prep if your wanting to try something different.

Back