Lets build a Animal!

Hey Gents! Hope everyone is doing well!

So as some of you may know I have had my eyes on the Tillotson 236cc - currently being offered by EC CARBS. I will at some point this year - order this engine for my flat kart....
I currently have a QRC WING kart in the trailer awaiting a motor..... Several mouths ago - I purchased a 1990 honda cr250 - It came with a ton of extra parts and just about everything i needed to get the engine ready for the kart.... Then we ran into a issue - after paying off the engine and getting everything home - i found that the position scattered a skert and metal had went threw the engine...... I then tried to search for parts and had limited luck - I reached out to builders for over a mouth and after searching all over I finally found someone (Semi close) who said they could preform the rebuild..... We tried several times to get together - but between family and weather issues - we haven't had any success..... The bottom finally gave out on this dream when my aunt of 72 fell and broke her hip at work.... She is fine and doing much better (Currently in a rehab) but coming home soon - I just dropped a good chunk of change into modifying the house for when she comes home...... The money I had set a side for this project is not as big as it once was....
So I have decided to go (MOD OUTLAW) (SMALL BLOCK OPEN).......... But again things are kinda pricey. I was quoted 2k for a stroker
( I am not broke or struggling money wise - Im just overly cautious of the amounts of money I spend - especially when it comes to my toys. Although I have bought my wife more Jurassic park clothing and collectable then most people have in the entire kart lolz)

A situation presented its self and I would like some advice....
A friend of mine owes me a lil over 1000$ - he has been going threw somethings his self.... He has a brand new ( Briggs animal ) that he is offering me as part payment....
Im considering taking the engine and just calling the debt paid in full - I did some searching and I struggled to find a build/upgrade list for the animal engine....

I would like to know - If anyone has a build list ( Part numbers ) (suggested parts) I should upgrade to without having to do any machine work...... I know most machine work comes in at the head - and I figure i can always do that latter on.....
Any suggestions -
Any information - with best specs and part number and such would be much recommended.

Thanks guys! As always - I thank every one of yall!

Right now on fb theres is 4 or 5 open clones already stroked w slide carbs for 800-1000 each on uas rwyb outlaw page
When you mention open. the next question that you must answer is
How much are you willing to spend? you must answer that question first. It can get costly very quickly.
I have built quite a few and they start about $2,000 And that is entry level. without all the trick stuff. Starting out with a used block and head. that is all the Briggs parts you will use. Other than side cover an tins. But they will last a long time and are really fast.
You can get over 20 hp easily. On a real dyno that is not used for advertising purposes. 27 or a little more if you spend the extra money. torque scaring the heck out of 17 ft.lbs Again advertising dynos will read higher.

When you mention open. the next question that you must answer is
How much are you willing to spend? you must answer that question first. It can get costly very quickly.
I have built quite a few and they start about $2,000 And that is entry level. without all the trick stuff. Starting out with a used block and head. that is all the Briggs parts you will use. Other than side cover an tins. But they will last a long time and are really fast.
You can get over 20 hp easily. On a real dyno that is not used for advertising purposes. 27 or a little more if you spend the extra money. torque scaring the heck out of 17 ft.lbs Again advertising dynos will read higher.
If im running a true open class i wont run a 4 cycle.waste of money.ya can spend half the price and cut your rebuild cost in half and be reliable with a 2 cycle.or a 450 bike motor.only reason im running a tiller motor is bc sbo has destroyed the rwyb class around here.i will definatly not pay 1500$ for a junk stock clone that has a fancy sticker on it.

Most people dont know what they are even looking at.but on the same hand theyre pockets dont end when it comes to spending on their kids either.

Back