Lf tire on lr

GregMiller04

Tomorrow night I'm going to a very tight low bite track. 11-63 gear at 6500 on a clone. I'm on a 14 triton with good numbers it's been fast every time out. If I leave the baseline the same and go to a 6.5" rim on lr and reset the tread width would this be faster or slower than using a 8.5" rim if stagger and duro are the same. I assume it would unload faster and more than the 8.5?

With a lf tire or with a 6" wide tire? If you put a dirt lr on a 6.5" wheel your stagger would be close to 0.

Greg I have seen lf on the lr on dirt a time or two on small indoor tracks---it is commonplace on pavement to run a narrow(small) tire on the lr. best thing to do is try it and let us know how it went. All that being said I would be tempted to put a 8.75 " wide wheel on the lr and throw the stagger to it and not overprep the lr. John

If you do what your title says and just put left front tire and wheel on left rear, I've seen it done alot on dirt and Win, if you think you'll be a little tight because of tighter track it will work.

Back