Lifting the lf in the corners

Kman4

2022 Kinetik exodus indoor bullring lifting the lf pretty bad on entry and exit pretty bad. Running super heavy 1 3/4 rear stagger 1 1/2 front 46.5 nose 60% left 62% cross -2 1/4 rf camber +3/4 lf camber 12-8 on the caster and lead back on both sides. Any help appreciated racing in the morning thanks.

Not on dirt ?
12 right caster - 8 left ?
Ease up on the cross or add left . Adding left is likely better as the track should gain grip .
Does it still turn , been a while since I've seen the lft frt lifting .

It's common on super heavy for sure, even on dirt. Is it effecting or upsetting the kart? Is the kart slow because of it? If not, I wouldn't change it. But, getting your weight lower to try and get weight transfer under control would potentially help.

Not on dirt ?
12 right caster - 8 left ?
Ease up on the cross or add left . Adding left is likely better as the track should gain grip .
Does it still turn , been a while since I've seen the lft frt lifting .
It’s dirt and yes on the caster

It's common on super heavy for sure, even on dirt. Is it effecting or upsetting the kart? Is the kart slow because of it? If not, I wouldn't change it. But, getting your weight lower to try and get weight transfer under control would potentially help.
I have the weight pretty much as low as you can get it I’m rt at 402 it almost makes me think the lf spindle is bent I mean it’s picking it up pretty bad to where it gets wicked loose lol

2022 Kinetik exodus indoor bullring lifting the lf pretty bad on entry and exit pretty bad. Running super heavy 1 3/4 rear stagger 1 1/2 front 46.5 nose 60% left 62% cross -2 1/4 rf camber +3/4 lf camber 12-8 on the caster and lead back on both sides. Any help appreciated racing in the morning thanks.
you dont have a 22 exodus, the last year was 2020, then the valucan came out

Run reverse caster and more front stagger.

Thats the trick.

Mike McCarty
The original Chassis Manual
By reverse caster are you talking about about reversing caster split or actually running positive vs neg caster? Since it sounds like he is experiencing lf lift through out the turn, wouldn't the problem (if it is a problem) more likely be caused by dynamic vs mechanical weight transfer? Like post #3 above I would like to hear about the handling / speed problem he is trying to cure. At least on pavement, lifting the LF wouldn't necessarily slow you down.......Of course I really should not be commenting on dirt racing at all..

Just read your #5 I fail to see how lifting the LF could cause you to be loose. Perhaps you have a push on entry and are cranking the steering wheel so much that you are screwing up your entire line?

Last edited:
Yes , I'm on board with dynamic weight transfer .
Super heavy - indoor - tight short turns . High entry , high vector change . The driver pulling/ forced to hold the steering wheel steering shaft which is a lever .
All pulled too the right , causing the combination of chassis flex and weight transfer .

^^^
Spit balling here .
-12* left caster +8 right caster.
Plants the right front and doesn't allow the chassis to roll over on turn in .

Back