LO 206 Bogging on the straightaway

Just because the choke is down when you leave the grid does not mean it stays down. Get a choke lever spring to make sure it stays closed.

Jimbo,
I want to make sure I understand your answer that the the float level is too high. Does this mean with a higher float level there is less fuel in the bowl and in effect the motor is using more fuel than can feed to the bowl and therefore stumbling for lack of fuel?

Maranche,
5600-5800 rpm. I thought this was a LO206 Junior. Isn't limited to 4100rpm, or am I confused?

I was under the same impression that they where but at Miller Motorsports Park they are running the LO206 and just changing the slides .

Just because the choke is down when you leave the grid does not mean it stays down. Get a choke lever spring to make sure it stays closed.

I have been watching are choke after are tech pointed it out to me . Every time you open the choke it back the nut off a little every time .

I was under the same impression that they where but at Miller Motorsports Park they are running the LO206 and just changing the slides .

As found in Briggs LO206 rule book .

Class Age Weight
(Pounds) Engine Package Technical
Configuration
Cadet
.350 Restrictor
Per sanctioning body/club
regulations
LO206 Junior
with carb lock
RLV pipe (#5507)
Slide (#555728)
4,100 RPM Rev Limiter
Novice
.450 Restrictor
regulations
LO206
with carb lock
RLV pipe (#5507)
‘Purple’ slide (#555735)
Junior 1 LEGACY
Club - .440
regulations
LO206
with carb lock
RLV pipe (#5507)
‘Red’ Slide (#555733)
Junior 1 CLUB-

regulations
LO206
with carb lock
RLV pipe (#5507)
‘GREEN’ Slide (#555740)
Junior 2 LEGACY
regulations
LO206
with carb lock
RLV pipe (#5507)
‘Blue’ Slide (555734)
ASN Nat. Junior -
regulations
LO206
with carb lock
RLV pipe (#5507)
‘Yellow’ Slide (#555741)
Briggs & Stratton
206 Senior
regulations
LO206

RLV pipe (#5507)
Stock Slide (#555590)
Masters Per sanctioning body/club
regulations
LO206 RLV pipe (#5507)
Stock Slide (#555590)

one thing i dont believe was mentiond the L206 class has a 6100 rev limiter could you be maxed out on your rpm ? try dropping 4 teeth see if it starts at a different place on the track most 206 driver tune by sequencing the track gear for the tight stuff tru to the start finish line and then make a small gear change to stay with who your racing against its not un common to hear engines on the rev limiter the rest of the way down the straight away then when you get into the tight stuff you rpm drops your back on the gas sounds wierd for new 206 racers but its a nature of the beast ( maybe tour tach is wrong )

Elmer, when Bill and i were at the track, we adjusted the float, and it did sound better that day. as the float was way off due to a prior incident on the track. I have adjusted to a new float height using the float height gauge from Jimbo. it looks good. I’ll find out tomorrow durring test and tune. It may be a wash as it will rain.

Tool worked great, I set it at Jimbo recommendation. I readjusted the needle and found the right front and rear gear for the kart. thanks all for the support. Now it is time for more seat time for the driver.

Back