Lo 206

Al, what do your comments contribute to this thread? I can't find that they contribute either negatively or positively. In fact, most don't even understand what your intent is at all.

ABR #69, your explanation of my post is 100% on track.

Shame shame. Seems mods are getting involved here.

Someone edited my post, the comment and the phrase "LO206" which I never used in my entire post, about spreading the field out and why there is never close racing with the 206 WAS NOT what I posted originally.

PS, I edited my post to reflect what I originally said so if you never seen the comment above then fine. Just know that someone tried to put words in my mouth.

THIS is my orginal post.
No, I believe he means that small mistakes that add up quickly with lower HP are easily compensated for with higher power. I have seen lots of people that upset a kart and can easily make up for it with a little go pedal and in a lap or two be right where they were. Make mistakes like that with a 206 and they cost you considerably more in the long run. You can't make up the time you lost in a lap.

This is more evident in the limited and open class where you have to usually find the edge of power and drive it there. But, usually having a little extra in reserve if you get out of line you can usually push the go pedal and make up a little bit of ground if you do everything else right. The animals can be this way, the clones can too. They don't take as long to pick back up to rpm from mistakes and get going again. As I said a lap or two with them and you can usually be back where you were no problem. The 206 will generally show those mistakes quite a lot and take you some time to recover from.

My points are valid whether you use the words "LO206" or "lower horsepower/RPM limited engine". If anyone thinks LO206 racing is not close, they are wrong. My points had to do with the fact that lower horsepower (or RPM limiters) do not reduce the racing with those engines. In fact, I believe with the lower horsepower/RPM limits, drivers and tuning become way more important.

ABR #69, my post saying you were 100% on track still stands with what is presently posted. I never saw the other modified post.

At the pavement track where we race the LO you will often have the entire field on the same lap, and often on the same straight away, at the end of the race.

Thanks for posts . we look forward to running the bigger track with the new 206. I am curious of what gear package they run. we ran 13/54 at the asphalt oval we ran. but this has chicane and a fast track. any thoughts on gearing . Also what fuel filter is recommended for the 206 . I see it run a high grade oil

Hi Jim, I believe we were talking back and forth on LO206 hope we can work together and get a package in place for upcoming series I have . Thanks for comments

Shame shame. Seems mods are getting involved here.

Someone edited my post, the comment and the phrase "LO206" which I never used in my entire post, about spreading the field out and why there is never close racing with the 206 WAS NOT what I posted originally.

PS, I edited my post to reflect what I originally said so if you never seen the comment above then fine. Just know that someone tried to put words in my mouth.

THIS is my orginal post.

It appears what you edited to reflect what you originally had said, still says the same exact thing. You sure you ain't seeing things. LOL

No, edited it and then quoted what I typed. I should have quoted what someone typed in for me, but I didn't until after I had already edited the post.

I'm sure to some it makes me look a bit crazy, but at the same time I quoted it for anyone that might have seen the other post that someone put words in it for me.

OH Boy
Why does Marks simple question have to turn into this.
Can't we all just get along?
I promise to make a serious effort to make positive comments in the future.
I even promise to make a serious effort to make positive comments to those that try to stir things up or don't have the same opinion of Briggs racing products.
We want more people to get into the LO 206 and being negative or bickering on here isn't the way to accomplish that.

Al, so wjat data is your hypothesis based on? Have prices of late models went up with the popularity of crate motors? I think this would be a great analogy.

Back