lo 206

Just completed season 3 of every weekend and some track days......Im gonna run em both next year also. Havent done 1 thing to them other then change the oil and set the float a few times!

Isn't that amazing. Three Seasons and still going strong.
It really says something about the quality of the LO 206.
Forged crank, chrome rings, nitrided exhaust valve, quality valve springs, Walbro slide carb, PVL ignition, 4T oil, etc, etc.
No bs from Briggs & Stratton.

Thanks guys! I am looking to start a class next year with these in va. Never liked a clone from day one and been running fh since clones came out. Im all for this just got to get the track to agree. I see most guys building the clones want to cover there ears about this lo206. Less $ in there pockets and more in the racers. No special treatment like some guys are getting with deep pockets. Nice job briggs lets send them clones back to china where they belong!!!

You won't be disappointed Russel!

We've got several running at backyard tracks that run 5-600 laps a day in the dirt/dust with few oil changes or air filter changes...(not that I recommend this at all) Point is, they are VERY durable engines even with the ton of abuse that these racers dish out compared to your typical WKA kart racer.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407

Man, do not look at that steering wheel very much!!

What wrong with her steering wheel? LOL....I put the grip tape on it and that opened up the door for her to put pink or whatever tape she could find on it.

What wrong with her steering wheel? LOL....I put the grip tape on it and that opened up the door for her to put pink or whatever tape she could find on it.

And zebra stripes, that's like 80s hair band style.

One of the things people find with the Lo206 is the racing is normally pretty tightly packed on the race track. But its very important for the track to have good tech, and its not rocket science to do.

Wow... a thread that makes total sense... Been running Animals for years expecting them to finally take over karting... but for some strange reason they didn't in our area. Part of the problem was that so many racers had FH's with multiple spares engines so it was a little tougher to make the jump. The ones who did make a jump went to clones for what they thought would be a cheap option... (LOL) yeah right! I didn't really have anything against FH's ... but with all the parts now being made in China... I got a problem. We all ***** about the economy... well kart racers lets do our part and keep some money in the US and our fellow Americans employed. Go buy a LO206 and put the fun back in kart racing... low maintenance, low cost... and last a very long time... it's a BULLET PROOF package just read the posts! Been reading Jimbo's and others posts for years on here... listen to what they are saying fellow racers. All of us as racers should be promoting the LO206... and no I don't work for Briggs... I'd just like to have someone to race with!

Thanks guys! I am looking to start a class next year with these in va. Never liked a clone from day one and been running fh since clones came out. Im all for this just got to get the track to agree. I see most guys building the clones want to cover there ears about this lo206. Less $ in there pockets and more in the racers. No special treatment like some guys are getting with deep pockets. Nice job briggs lets send them clones back to china where they belong!!!

If you get a 206 class running in VA let me know. I plan to get one once I get rid of all my clone stuff.

Wow...Part of the problem was that so many racers had FH's with multiple spares engines so it was a little tougher to make the jump. The ones who did make a jump went to clones for what they thought would be a cheap option... (LOL) yeah right! I didn't really have anything against FH's ...

I've heard that story before, it was from my dad in the late 70s and why he was getting out of karting, and going to these old vintage events I hear the rehash of the McCulloch versus foreign 2 stroke engine.

I do agree with you, if you are going to promote a stock 4-stroke, I'm board with the Lo206 program. The clone is just what got us back into modern karting, but we see the issues with it.

one thing i love about the LO206 is the fact that i can show up to the track and not have to worry about anything. our class has a spec tire that has to punch atleased 50 plus no tire prep at track, this means i fire the thing off 5 minutes before hotlaps to geter warm. Check all the bolts and thanks to Loctite, they never are loose then make sure the tires have air and go, this leaves so much time to just hang with the other drivers in the class and do alittle bull shooting

For the kart racing enthusiast.....it is difficult for me to rationalize racing any other package than the LO206.
Lasts durned near forever.....usually get's faster with use.....and a billion dollar company like Briggs....which
has financed a separate division to produce these fine engines.
How the heck does one beat that deal??

OK....want to go Unlimited? That's a different story altogether.

However....one of the absolute top drawer
Unlimiteds, is going to twin Briggs....soon....thanks to Briggs Motorsports Division.
Now ain't that somethin'. :)

We're getting ready to start a LO206 class here around Louisville, KY in Indiana. Best program goin! And Briggs is not making their money off of the LO206 program either :)

Back