LO206 exhaust valve warp

Thanks for the info. So just the crankcase is sealed? Is there a process for refreshing it?
You cannot refresh the crancase. Keep clean, relatively light, oil, and clean air filter.
I change oil after every actual race (10 laps or more on the track), and change air filter, or at least turn it 180 degrees.
You CAN regrind the valves, and seats. This is where much attention should be focused with the 206.

Perhaps Dave Klauscould clarify BS rules 2015 page 10 19. g Valve surface must be unaltered factory ground .....

reading that I would interpreter grinding and cutting of the seat is prohibited.

Perhaps Dave Klauscould clarify BS rules 2015 page 10 19. g Valve surface must be unaltered factory ground .....

reading that I would interpreter grinding and cutting of the seat is prohibited.
I agree with you, nothing ambiguous about that rule. How did anybody get the idea that you could grind them?

So tell me, does that make the engine a throw away? If you can't grind the valves and the lower end is sealed, what do you do when the engine gets tired?

So tell me again; how is this engine going to save the Karter money?

Getting tired is n opinion I have Over 40 Race day equivilent runs on our 206 . a basic valve touch up and were still getting faster each race results dont lie thats aprox 10 $$ per race event so far +or - cant argue with that .

I agree with you, nothing ambiguous about that rule. How did anybody get the idea that you could grind them?

So tell me, does that make the engine a throw away? If you can't grind the valves and the lower end is sealed, what do you do when the engine gets tired?

So tell me again; how is this engine going to save the Karter money?
If the rule says unaltered factory ground, lapping and re-lapping the valves is OK?

Doesn't lapping and re-lapping alter the valve seats from factory, otherwise it would be useless to lap them, correct?
What do you do with the engine when it gets "tired" as Al asked?

As I read it is says VALVE surface, not VALVE SEAT surface. I would consider the valves a replacement item then and not to be altered or re-ground, but the seat can be freshened up within the rules.

As I read it is says VALVE surface, not VALVE SEAT surface. I would consider the valves a replacement item then and not to be altered or re-ground, but the seat can be freshened up within the rules.
You just can't help being amused by American ingenuity when you see something like this.
And what makes you think that new valve is going to match the old seat?
And you can call it lapping, but that's still grinding.

Is it any wonder the rules sometimes become incomprehensible!

Mike Flip we race LO206 and I stand behind the engine. I still say the rule needs clarified.

I assumed you would have looked at the rule book. My quote from the rule ended with .... indicating that there was more. It continues "and have one 30 and one 45 degree sealing surface only. Now we know that that is the valve seat. and this is included in the section 19 Cylinder head. There is a section 22 Valves.

As far as lapping I have no problem with that but if you go to post#19 and 21 they refer to cutting and grinding, which seems to be in contravention of the rules.

Al if you want to call these throw away engines that is fine, when you can get 4+ seasons of steady competitive use from an engine for the initial cost of an LO206, you will be happy. You do not get one season from a Honda and it sounds like many are getting a lot less from the clone.

Back