LO206 Jr. vrs blue plate Clone

RPMotor

Wanting to mix the engines in Jr. class. Wanting to know any ideas which version of the LO206 Jr. carb. should be closest in perf. to the AKRA small pipe blue plate Clone. Any experience appreciated.

The Jr has a 4100 RPM limiter right? No way to make those motors equal. An adult 206 (6100 RPM) with the black slide is probably close to equal to a small pipe clone blue plate. Maybe need to drop to a yellow slide, but prob not.

A non-restricted LO206 is much faster than a small pipe blue plate clone. Have no idea where clone development is now, with the rising costs I assume they are faster, but 3 years ago with clones utilizing IKF Super Stock rules ( 10.8 # sptirgs, big pipe ) The LO206 would run away from them.

I went back to my notes and I stand corrected..... Yes black slide 206 is a good bit faster than a unrestricted cone. A yellow slide 206 would be about equal to a unrestricted clone. Still, even with a green plate, the clone will beat the Jr 206 because of the rev limiter. maybe green plate clone vs 206Jr WITH a gear rule that keeps both under 4000RPM

Dont use the Jr.206...if you want to run the motor in other classes its cost to have it changed over....just run the normal 206

Dont use the Jr.206...if you want to run the motor in other classes its cost to have it changed over....just run the normal 206

Agreed don't waste your Time MIXING with Jr 206, if ya wanta mix the class and use an animal use a one hole gold plate and mix it with a Blue plate Clone Big pipe you'll be even.

LO206 vrs. clone

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to mix my existing Jr. Clones with an LO206 package. I can use any color plate in the Small pipe Clone and any LO206 slide. Any other experience or comments appreciated. I can also adjust weights for the different engines.

Last edited:
Any experience or comments about mixing the clone with silver .425 restrictor and the LO 206 with the .450 purple slide or .440 red slide?

No but i have the slides and so do other Briggs dealers for $8.50 each.
Try it yourself.

Thinks, Looks like I'll have to do testing myself. I thought someone on here might have already been there.

Back