LO206 Jr. vs. Jr1 Flathead

keithack

I have been away from karting for many years. I'm returning with my son who will be racing Stock Novice at some local tracks. Flatheads are still king in NY for now, but I can see the righting on the wall and I really don't want to invest in a flathead program. The lo206 looks appealing.

So my question is, how does a lo206 jr. with a purple slide compare with a flathead with a purple plate (both on gas)? Would they be close to equal or should I just bite the bulled and pick up a used flathead?

The Jr. LO206 with with purple slide will probably get beat, regular LO206 may have a chance. Where we race the LO206 purple PLATE is alittle slower then the PP flathead, but I think a good driver can overcome that in novice.
I'm not a big fan of the Jr. LO because many kids aren't in novice very long and in order to go the regular LO you will need to buy maybe $100 in parts.

Jr1 is purple plate flathead on alk or LO206 with purple slide. Everything else is flathead at this time. I figure I can use the lo206 for the next 3 years if it will be competitive.

Jr1 is purple plate flathead on alk or LO206 with purple slide. Everything else is flathead at this time. I figure I can use the lo206 for the next 3 years if it will be competitive.

What's the next class after novice ? You have to look at long term, if you decide to run some bigger races down the road, you may need a flathead as the 206 still hasn't taken off in NY. Clones seen huge, but cost the same if not more than a FH.

The colored slides are not intended to match up with the corresponding color of restrictor plate from a flat head. If they are not equal in power simply remove material from the top of the slide .010" at a time until they are. The other way is to machine material from the stop in the top of the carb so the slide can open slightly more.
This needs to be approved by the track owner ahead of time.

I see your in Johnstown, we are trying to start a lo206 senior class at turkey Trott I think we have enough to start. I am very excited about this.

The colored slides are not intended to match up with the corresponding color of restrictor plate from a flat head. If they are not equal in power simply remove material from the top of the slide .010" at a time until they are. The other way is to machine material from the stop in the top of the carb so the slide can open slightly more.
This needs to be approved by the track owner ahead of time.

This is the way all the local tracks here have the rules set up. Maybe we can help educate them.

I see your in Johnstown, we are trying to start a lo206 senior class at turkey Trott I think we have enough to start. I am very excited about this.

Right now I'm focusing on my son's program. But if I ever get back in the seat, I would gladly run in a senior 206 class.

Back