LO206 junior info please

RB-1973

Looking to propose an engine option to our club... for kid karts... Sprint application, .8 mile road course. This is purely and exhibition class, getting kids introduced to karting. We currently run GX35 honda for beginners or Comer engines for the more advanced kids, and I think the LO206 Junior would fit advanced group nicely, while using an engine that can be graduated as they get older.

I cannot find detailed info on this engine, perhaps I am looking in the wrong spots. I am hoping some of the pros here have some info they can share.

To run some test laps, I'd like to swap out the necc. components on a normal LO206, making it a Junior... which so far I have determined to be:
RLV 5507 pipe (currently the junior and senior classes run the 5506 or 5507... not sure what the difference between the two are? or how to ID them? maybe we already have the 5507)
the slide would need to be changed to the 555728
rev limiter changed to 4100

Am I missing anything?

I see in the briggs documentation, they refer to this engine as "kids kart .350 restrictor"... am I to assume this means the 555728 slide restricts the opening to .350? Or is there a plate involved also?

Currently, for a green slide LO206, cadet kart running the flame clutch, we are in the two white/two black spring setup... seems to me this would be around 3000 +/- rpm... but with the new limiter at 4100, should the spring tension (engage RPM) be lowered?

thanks!

Gotcha, I think that is the 555728 slide. If indeed that is correct, I wondered where the "kids kart .350 restrictor" description came from.

We have a very nice group of Juniors at Road America.
If you would like to talk give me a call.
920-207-9180
Jim

We have a very nice group of Juniors at Road America.
If you would like to talk give me a call.
920-207-9180
Jim

Just travelling for work right now, not much access to the phone... if you have any quick notes you can add on this post, that would be great. I'll try to get free'd up to call you soon tho.

thanks!

Back