Lo206 SS tuning gearing

btjones65

I may end up being wrong but, I’m thinking the 206 super stock is here to stay.
So.
Has anyone noticed and differences in carb setup or, gearing. I’ll tried out about three teeth more than usual (i would’ve gone higher but, it’s generally bad form to blow up a customers engine) and I probably
Could’ve gone 2 more. Carb was standard 206 setup .880, needle at the bottom.

I would expect that with the late closing big duration intake camshaft lobe ( Mod 1) and the CR installed.
Keep you eye on the head temp!

Steve

Just like the 206 rules make it illegal, never tape up the blower housing.
That is especially true for a 206 SS when on gasoline!!!
The legal gas jets are the ones that come in the carb for a 206. The specs are in the 206 rule packiage

Carburetor Methanol The PZ carburetor is the only legal carb. All LO 206 rules apply except for the main jet , the
idle jet and the main nozzle.
Main Nozzle size:. .104” gauge must go but a .107" gauge must not go.
Main jet size: .054” gauge must go but a .057” gauge must not go.
Idle Jet size: .014” gauge must go but a .017’ gauge must not go.
You may use the appropriate parts from the Briggs methanol jet kit 555537.
You can make your own jets but they must conform to the rules!
The .602” carb measurement is of particular importance and will be checked frequently!!
All other carb rules are the same as the current LO 206 rules.
You must use pure methanol for fuel. It will be tested according to existing kart racing standards and procedures.
NO additives will be allowed.

Inexpensive generic industrial methanol will definitely help keep the temps down and is recommended.
It will perform just as well as the high priced stuff. Do a little research in your area and you will be able to find it.
I just bought some for dyno use and i paid $2.75 /' gallon. I don't know it could be $1.00 / gallon now.
And lets dispel any irrational fear of methanol. In my opinion it doesn't have any more negatives than gasoline.
Just like gas i'm not going to wash my hands with it or drink it!!

B,
We run 87 octane (no-ethanol) pump gas. We have dynode, track tested many configurations with the float, needle and air mixing screw. Try setting your float at .900, needle in the 4th notch down and the air mixing screw at 3/4 - 1 turn open.

I was curious about that. I’ve set cadet and kid kart motors up at .900 but, seems like if I go past .880, I get the bogs. But, I’ll try anything once....He’ll, I’ve tried marriage three times....
( insert evil diabolical laugh here)

I was curious about that. I’ve set cadet and kid kart motors up at .900 but, seems like if I go past .880, I get the bogs. But, I’ll try anything once....He’ll, I’ve tried marriage three times....
( insert evil diabolical laugh here)
Some guys nerer learn. Maybe the 4th will work out. My sister In law found six fools to marry her.

Back