LO206 Vs Honda Clone

sundog

I want to start running LO206 next year but want to use up my clone engines for practice. What configuration of clone would you need to equal the power of the LO206?

Thanks,
Sundog

With a small pipe the clone won't keep up with the 206. I've not tried with a big pipe, but guessing a blue plate would be close.

We ran them together in 2013 and the clone with a big pipe and the LO206 were evenly matched on a large sprint track (103rd St Jacksonville, Fl). This was with open tires and 350 lbs. We turned the clone up to 6800 and of course, the LO206 we had would only turn 6040.

Just put the LO 206 on and be done with it.
Keep the the dirt of of it and it will last forever.
It's just too much work to keep switching motors.

I'm not switching back and forth, I just want to use up the motors I have since they sell for dirt.

Man I understand hating to let anything go to waste as I am the same way but I think your glutton for punishment on this deal.

It would all depend on what clone package your running and how its setup. Up over 1 hp and 400 rpm from just 1 year with same carb and pipe.

IMO
You’re going to need to baseline your 206 on a dyno and then set you clones to match the best you can. IMO Easiest cheapest way would be restricting the exhaust for the top end and using a plate for the low end Of the HP ranges . Just start drilling on plate and welding on muffler

Way more work then I would want to do to save a clone because it’s outdated and worth nothing. But it would be a fun experiment for my son to do LOL

I'd say sell the clones, or sit a NOS bottle in your lap and feed the line into the intake.....that should take care of them pretty quick.

I would just gear the clone down so the max RPM is lower until you're getting about the same max RPM as with the LO206 and call it good. You can learn tires, chassis setup, and driving and then put the LO206 back on. Might want to run them back-to-back-to-back to really see/feel the difference. Gearing should get you close enough to do what you want to do.

Back