Looking for a currently unused sprint racing track to rent or lease in the upper midwest.

racer39

I have spent the last few years looking for an unused asphalt sprint racing track in southern to central wisconsin, not much luck. I am expanding my area of search to the upper midwest. I want to run regular races and rental karts.

Iowa international raceway - marshalltown Iowa had several ikf national events back in the day now it's just sitting rotting it's a shame

if you are to buy Marshalltowns track I know the guy that has the original rental kart I think he has a 10 of them

It use to be listed under cedar falls reality they were selling each acre for $22,000 and I believe the property is around 13 acres . I'll stop out there tonight and see if there's a phone number listed on the board

I have been working with them on trying to get that going. Hopefully we will know more about the zoning changes needed soon. The asphalt is in rough shape, still getting quotes on fixing it. It has been a pasture for about 43 years. all the poles and lights are gone, no electrical power there , the scoring tower is gone, needs new fences. Will take a lot of work. I want to run rental karts and races and i wouldn't be able to do the rentals there. The track is next to the farm house and they don't want races on sundays either. It is a little over a quarter mile in length. We may just start with races on the 1/8 mile starting oval. I raced there in 68,69 and 70. That was probably the most fun I ever had in kart racing. There wasn't any class structure. Classes were determined by qualifying times. Affordable racing and pure fun and excitement without all the expense and stress. I had to pay for all my own racing and was only thirteen when i started. Jerry

Hi, I have been in contact with the manager and am checking if I can work out a deal to lease it. I will need a big shop to rent for my racing and go kart shop out there if I can get this deal. Know of any shops for rent of at least 5,000 sq. ft. They said that they would like to see racing there again. I will post more info as I find out more. Jerry

This one? 2574 Sunny Slope Rd, Mineral Point, WI 53565

Attachments

• mineralspringstrack.jpg
    mineralspringstrack.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 51
I did some searching and have gotten ahold of the manager of the property and he is interested in having kart races run there again. He is going to get ahold of the owners and see if they can come up with a rental deal. Hope to know more soon. Jerry

This one? 2574 Sunny Slope Rd, Mineral Point, WI 53565

I am currently working with Boone on getting that up and running. He is supposed to have a meeting about changing the zoning on Fri. 8/1/2014. Hopefully that will go good and not be a lot of hassle. He is still getting quotes on fixing the asphalt. It will take a lot of work, no power or lights, no scoring tower. Will need all new fences. I raced there back in 68,69 and 70. I really had a lot of fun. Jerry

Its too bad some of these old tracks went away. There was a small track in Richland Center, WI next to the old roller rink also back in the mid 70s. I grew up with the track owners sons and my dad raced there. I was too young to remember where a lot of those tracks are around the Madison area, outside of Brodhead.

Most of the tracks are physically gone. I have been researching this for a few years. the state of wisconsin makes it almost impossible to get a track going with all their unbelievable laws that they have now days. I think I am going to have to go to another state to get a track going. I remember my dad racing at Warren IL., Hillsboro Wi. and I raced at the track by Edmund. The tracks at Warren and Hillsboro are gone and it looks like it could be a long and expensive road to meet all the new laws to get the track by Edmund going again, very frustrating when just trying to have some fun. I have tried to get a track by Gratiot going too but the neighbors didn't want the noise. The track at Richland Center is also gone. I tracked down a track at Westby and the owner said that it was scheduled to be torn up the next week for a softball field. It has proven to be a frustrating project to get my own track. I can't afford to build my own new track, probably over $500,000.

if you gonna build a track in Wisconsin go dirt ringle brickyard speedway is for sale its good track just needs someone willing to put in the work

Yea asphalt at about a $100/ton and gravel at $16/ton on the last utility/street job I've had bid out, does not make things an economical venture on your own. The Westby track was likely an oval, I was out of the area for a long time, but remember that a friend of ours raced there and got kicked out for a bit of a temper issue and rough racing issue, and semi-comical story. I ran into an older racer by the name of Gene Paulus at Brodhead a few weeks back, he ran all of those tracks that you mentioned.

You should get in contact with the owners of Ringle. Ed and Sandy Drews. They just announced they will not be running next year. This is my first year dirt racing and I think that track is pretty cool. I know it isn't asphalt, but it is a neally nice facility.

Back