Looking for info and help on buying a kart

Cmhspecialties

Hi I am new to karting. I have driven a shift kart briefly and also a friend who had a emmick kart setup for dirt. A friend and I are building a dirt track at his house that will be setup like a road course rather than just oval. We want to run clone style motors but looking to get some info on a good chassis to look for. it seems lots of people run older emmick and invaders. Not suit how many models were available? Certain ones to look to look for or stay away from? I looked at s cart today that was a birel mx32 but it seemed like more of an Asphalt only. Would be cool to have something primarily for dirt but could take to a track practice day or open parking lot o have fun. Thanks in advance for any info and links or old posts would be awesome too.

Chassis made to turn left and right (sprint chassis) are all made for asphalt. An offset chassis (oval) made to turn left only will not work as well as a sprint chassis on a track with left and right turns and probably not as well on a dirt track. There are a number of sprint chassis manufactures. Margay, MGM, Coyote, Comet, Ionic Edge, Bandit all make specific chassis for 4 cycle engines. Some sprint chassis do not fit a 4 cycle as well because of design. Where are you located? Some chassis are more popular in other areas of the country.

Thanks for the response. I am located in Northern California. I have been looking at some older invader asphalt karts to use for both dirt and playing on the asphalt by hopefully swapping tired and minimal drivetrain changes. It seems dirt karts run narrower rear axle?

I've seen video from Australia, maybe New Zealand, of racing on a dirt sprint track, lefty righty. If there is anybody from those places here on Bob's, you might be able to get some information from them. A search for "Australian Karting" might get you some information. I used to do business with a kart shop down there called "Round-a-Bout". Or something like that, not sure of the spelling.

Back