Looking for pistons

You are going to have to have them coated yourself at this point, (and there are much better options for coatings than the "chroming" that Briggs & Burris had done, if you are running unsanctioned events where aftermarket coatings are permitted.) You might find a few new old stock chrome pistons here and there, but most are gone at this point.
At one time, IIRC, you were considering using R3 style pistons in aluminum bore cylinders. I strongly suggest against this (even with coating the piston.)
Installing a hard steel sleeve is a better solution in my opinion.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You are going to have to have them coated yourself at this point, (and there are much better options for coatings than the "chroming" that Briggs & Burris had done, if you are running unsanctioned events where aftermarket coatings are permitted.) You might find a few new old stock chrome pistons here and there, but most are gone at this point.
At one time, IIRC, you were considering using R3 style pistons in aluminum bore cylinders. I strongly suggest against this (even with coating the piston.)
Installing a hard steel sleeve is a better solution in my opinion.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
Gotcha yes I have a huge oval dirt “track” on my property so just really sky is the limit. But as far as pistons have a couple raptor 3 with kool bore and a ton of work done . Welded ez bore guides. Machining on head,porting all the above. But let’s say I go aftermarket coating? As in like wiseco? Or take a piston and have it coated? Money not an issue price on sleeving a block?

Last edited by a moderator:
Give us a call. You can have just about any piston coated. If you're going billet rod route, then go long and Wiseco to match the compression height. We can get the pistons coated for you, or you can send them out yourself. Sleeving with a hardened sleeve, align boring and finish honing to piston size is $150 (I think) including the sleeve. Sarah knows prices better than I do. Just call the shop during business hours.

I know this is an older post but if anybody is still looking for a Briggs piston, EC has had the Burris pistons on clearance for a while now. I don't know if they have any chromed pistons left or not but they were priced at $9.99 last time I looked.

I know this is an older post but if anybody is still looking for a Briggs piston, EC has had the Burris pistons on clearance for a while now. I don't know if they have any chromed pistons left or not but they were priced at $9.99 last time I looked.
These Burris pistons that Mark has listed are the old style (Raptor 2 and older) that are the full circle pistons with full round skirts and the bigger ring package. He does have some chrome pistons available, and yes still $9.99. GREAT deal for someone restoring older engines or needing chrome pistons for stock stroke, stock length rod, stock compression height backyard use.

Yes I bought the last of their nos or so the tech said.but I’ll prob end up using those buriss for my kool bore engines.

These Burris pistons that Mark has listed are the old style (Raptor 2 and older) that are the full circle pistons with full round skirts and the bigger ring package. He does have some chrome pistons available, and yes still $9.99. GREAT deal for someone restoring older engines or needing chrome pistons for stock stroke, stock length rod, stock compression height backyard use.
Hey Carlson.sorry been out with some drama,but back at it and I did purchase a ton of those Burris racing pistons with full skirt.
Would you recommend these for kool bores? I have half a ton of chrome and the other regular. Only looking to spin around 6-7k nothing big so I can save my r3 for my ic blocks as I have seen they last a good bit longer in sleeved bores.
Also have a handful of blocks cleaned and boxed up to ship over to you for some boring and a couple sleeved.

Hey Carlson.sorry been out with some drama,but back at it and I did purchase a ton of those Burris racing pistons with full skirt.
Would you recommend these for kool bores? I have half a ton of chrome and the other regular. Only looking to spin around 6-7k nothing big so I can save my r3 for my ic blocks as I have seen they last a good bit longer in sleeved bores.
Also have a handful of blocks cleaned and boxed up to ship over to you for some boring and a couple sleeved.
Yes, those will work well for that application. Save the R3 stuff with smaller rings for the race engines and sleeved blocks.
We're getting caught up on machinework (finally) and can take on some new work going forward. Send them on in, just don't be in a rush for them all. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

I imagine you must have your reasons, but with 10 zillion flatheads sitting around gathering dust, why bother searching out these pistons?

Back