Loud banging when I let off the throttle.

bob1234

I bought a mini bike with a predator ghost 212 which the owner said the engine was pretty new but had some carb issues. I spent lots of time tuning the carb, got it to idle good and run at low speeds good. Once I fully open up the throttle it'll go for a good 10 seconds or so and then lose power and starts to sound like a helicopter. If i hit the throttle while it sounds like this it stalls. It will also randomly stall sometimes but mostly after going full throttle. Thinking it could be the valve lash but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

You might want to double check your clutch. I've heard some pretty weird noises coming from clutches that start slipping then lockup all the sudden.

You might want to double check your clutch. I've heard some pretty weird noises coming from clutches that start slipping then lockup all the sudden.
It is an old clutch that I've been meaning to replace. Would that cause it to stall and lose power constantly though?

Possible if it's engaging too low. I've even seen clutches with a broken spring acting super erratic.

the ghost predator has a rev limiter that is built in the coil. he could be hitting that which would cause a popping noise.

Back